Chapter 4: Hate You, Love You

A/N: Hi everyone! Here is chapter 4 finally. Sorry for updating so slowly I'm really trying my best to update faster I promise. Thank you for all the support towards Bad Girl, it already has over 100 views, which is amazing! Special thanks for these lovely people: FangirlsandFandoms , mychemicalrainbows , Diggs12 , cybrsavage , werecutiestalia , LavenderSangster and SleeplessAurora. And of course thank you EVERYONE for all the views, votes and comments. I hope you will enjoy this chapter, please tell me what you think of it ❤️ With love, Arisa.

"I hate you, I love you,
I hate that I love you
Don't want to but I can't put nobody else above you
I hate you I love you
I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her
And I'll never be her"

- Gnash

Malia's POV:

My eyes widened at the realization of what I just had done. I had confessed my feeling for her. I, Malia Tate, had just told her, Lydia freaking Martin that I love her... I took a step back and met her gaze with my eyes wide. She looked at me quickly before glancing to the ground. She touched her lips with her fingers and I noticed myself doing the same. Suddenly I felt a hand on my cheek. Lydia rested her hand there and I put my own hand on top of her's. I looked into her emerald eyes and I noticed the tears that started to fall. I didn't waste any time but pulled her in for a hug. I held her thigh I could feel her tease before relaxing and burrying into my chest. I stroked her hair soothingly. We stayed like that for a long while. And I loved it. On that moment there only were us two. No one else.

"Thank you Malia..." I heard her whisper.
"Anytime baby." I said and kissed the top of her head.
"Or should I say crybaby?" I added and chuckled.
"I hate you..." she mumbled and I just laughed.
"I know you don't." I said and smirked.

She pulled back a little so that our eyes could meet and I kept smirking.

"Does this mean you love me too?" I asked more serious this time.

I could see her blush a little and she looked away. My eyes widened. She liked me back. Was this a dream or something?

"I'm sorry but I can't say it yet... I don't wanna be with anyone until I'm over her." she said and more tears fell down her cheeks.
"Lydia it's okay... I don't expect you to say it back or anything. And I understand okay?" I said and wiped her tears away.
"I just don't wanna hurt you, and I know I will by being like this. Just... Don't talk to me again... Just don't..." she said and pulled herself out of my arms climbing down and running away.

I was there in complete shock. A minute ago she was burried to my chest and now she didn't wanna speak with me anymore because she thought she would hurt me. I fell to my knees and started to sob. Didn't she understand that by doing this she was hurting me more.

I sat there up in the tree for a long time just crying. I understood why she did this but it hurt. It hurted me that she didn't believe I could be patient and wait. It hurted me to think how I would have to take some distance from her now on. 'Wait.' I thought. Who said I had to do what she said? I could still try to change her mind! I of course wouldn't give this easily!

I wiped my tears away and climbed down. I knew she wouldn't let me in so I would have to wait 'till tommorow and try to speak with her at school. She may be a bad girl who everyone was kind of afraid of and who might thought she could tell me what to do, but she was wrong. I was a bad girl too and I would try to make this bad girl mine.

*time skip 'till morning

I ran down the stairs. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t! I was late! I grapped an apple from the kitchen and pulled my jacket on and took my back with me. I ran down the street and tried my best not to bite my tongue while eating the apple. I reached the school building and opened the door in rush not noticing a certain strawberry blonde coming towards me. I smashed the door straight to her face. I stood there mouth hanging open while she crouched to the ground holding her face. I shook my head and kneeled to her level.

"Lydia I'm sor-" I started to apologize, forgetting my own rules, but she didn't let me finish.
"Don't. Just don't." she said and gave me an ice cold stare.
"Maybe you should go to see the nurse, you're nose is bleeding." I said and pretended I hadn't heard her words.
"Maybe you should f*ck off or soon you'll be the one bleeding." she spitted out and I just rolled my eyes.

I saw straight through her. She tried to hurt me so that she could push me away. Also she was angry for herself for not being ready so she acted angry towards others too. But she wouldn't succeed because I saw through her little act.

"Let me help you. Please I owe it to you for smashing you with a door." I said and walked to get some paper so that she could put it on her nose.

I came back and handed the papers to her. She looked at me fast in the eyes and I could see a slightly hint of fear and ashame. I wanted to just pull her into my arms and stay like that forever but I knew it wasn't the time yet.

"Why don't you understand that I meant what I said yesterday?" she asked and looked at me behind the messy bloody papers infront if her nose.
"You only said no speaking. And you are not the only bad girl remember? It's our job to break rules." I said and winked at her.
"I hate you..." she mumbled and I knew she was close on giving up with her act.

Lydia's POV:

I felt anger, confuse and sadness. I hated doing this to Malia. Why did I always had to be like this whenever I developed some sort of feelings? I didn't want to push her away. I wanted her close to me. I wanted to... I wanted to love her. I wanted to say 'I love you' back to her. But then Allison's beautiful smile with her dimples would come to my mind. I could remember her voice when she laughed or when she said something sweet. I could remember the feeling of her holding me close. And that was the reason I wasn't ready. I needed to let go but I didn't want to. And I didn't have even a clue how to in the first place.

I sighed and rose up. I pressed the papers that Malia had got to me onto my nose. I started to walk towards the nurses room but soon felt a hand on my shoulder. I sighed again and turned to see a smirking Malia. Seeing her smirk took me by surprise and sooner than I realized, she had scooped me into her arms. She started to carry me on bridal style and I just stared at her in awe before frowning.

"Let me go!" I said and started to squirm.
"Never." she said back in serious tone.
"Malia my nose is bleeding, my legs still do work." I said still pressing the papers to my nose.
"Maybe, but maybe I just wanted to held you." she said and I couldn't help but smile a little.
"Ha! I saw that!" Malia said and I soon stopped smiling.
"It was nothing! You know even babies smile by reflexes..." I tried to explain but it was no use.

Malia put me to the ground and took my hand into her's.

"Lydia please stop this. I understand you're not ready and I'm not hurted by it. I'm hurted more by this. Because this makes me feel like you don't believe me when ai say I don't mind." she explained and took me by surprise.

"Malia..." I just whispered.

Malia didn't say anything more. She just pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back tightly. I might be a bad girl but I didn't want to be it towards her.

"I'm sorry Malia." I said. "I'm sorry for falling for you." I said and looked into her eyes.
"Never, you hear me ever apologize for that babe." she answered and cupped my cheeks.
"Can I?" she asked and I took a deep breath, I would let go for just this once.
"Yes." I breathed out and she pulled me into out first kiss.

And certainly not our last...