Part 5

Horrified I dropped my phone to the ground, luckily my bedroom floor has carpet so it was unharmed. Suddenly my door flew open and Kevin came running in.

“What’s wrong?” he demanded, “Who were you talking to?”

I tried to make my mouth form words but it would not, it just kept opening and shuffling like some kind of fish.

“Katy what is it?” Kevin asked.

I raised a shaking finger and pointed to the closet tears of raw fear sliding down my cheeks.

“What?” Kevin demanded.

“He’s in the closet,” I breathed.

Kevin froze and eyed the white, slated, double doors. A whimper of fear escaped me. Kevin pressed a finger to his lips and picking up a pair of sewing scissors of my desk started forward.

“Kevin!” I whispered.

He turned around and shook his head, warning me to be quiet. Forgetting how to breath I watched as he crept forward and stopped outside the seemingly innocent looking doors, the tension in the room so create you could cut it with a dull knife.

“Please Kevin,” I begged him.

Kevin ignored me and taking a deep breath threw the doors open. To my shock and relief there was no one there, that creep had lied to me. Letting out the breath he had been holding Kevin turned to face me.

“What the heck Katy?” he asked not unkindly.

“He told me he was in there.” I sniffed.

“He called you again?” He demanded incredulously.

I nodded and he shook his head in disbelief. Crossing over to me he picked up the phone and started punching in a number.

“Who are you calling?” I asked.

“Pizza place,” he answered.

“You have their number memorized?”

He placed a finger to his lips warning me to be quiet.

“Put it on speaker,” I begged.

Sighing in annoyance because of my pestering he pressed the speaker button which immediately filled the room with an echoed ringing. After a moment someone finally picked up.

“Pele’s Pizza how can I help you?” A bored sounding girl asked like the last thing on the planet she cared about was how she could help us.

“Hi,” Kevin said, clearing his throat nervously, “I’d like to make a complaint.”

“We don’t return pizza’s.” she mumbled.
“No, it’s about one of your employees,” Kevin answered.

“It a family business,” she sneered, “Nobodies getting sacked, sorry about it.”

“Your delivery boy is harassing my sister.” Kevin sneered.

“What?” the girl spat.

“I said you….”

“No I heard you,” she grumbled, “It’s just we don’t have a delivery boy it’s my two sisters and my cousin.”

Kevin stopped and turned to look at me.

“What about Sam?” I asked.

“We don’t have anyone named Sam,” the girl said sounding annoyed.

“Yes you do,” he cried, “He has black hair and he’s tall and…”

“My family’s Norwegian,” the girl cut in, her voice acidic, “We’re blonde, and my Dad’s only five seven, there are no tall, black haired guys.”

With that the line went dead. I turned to look at Kevin and found him staring back at me looking sick, although it had nothing to do with his illness.

“I’m calling Calvin,” he said quietly.

Ten minutes later Calvin was on his way, and Kevin and I were sitting on the floor of his room, rifling through his stack of DVDs.

“Nothing scary,” I mumbled.

“Yeah I figured,” he replied, eyeing my balled up form pointedly.

After a few more minutes we had narrowed it down to Up, Anastasia, the best cartoon ever in my opinion, and Grown Ups. Which we ended up choosing because I knew Up would make me cry and the parts of Anastasia with Rasputin made my skin prickle.

A little while later just as it was getting to the part where they go out to eat my phone rang. Kevin paused the movie and looked down at it. Taking a deep breath I slowly wrapped my fingers around the cool metal and pressing the green answer button pressed it to my ear.

“Hello?” I murmured.

“Why’d you pause it,” the voice I had come to dread answered, “It was just getting to my favorite part.”

“Leave me alone!” I screamed into the phone, anger and fear taking over me.

Kevin reached over and snatched the phone from me.

“If you know what’s good for you, you better not call here again you sick shit!” Kevin shouted.

Straining my ears I heard laughter from the other end.

“What do you want?” Kevin demanded.

“I want to talk to Katy, put Katy back on.”

“No!” Kevin cried “I’m calling the cops.”

He then hung up the phone.

“Are you really calling the police?” I asked.

Kevin nodded and pulling up the keypad on my touch phone be pressed the nine and the first one, however the phone once again began to ring. My blood boiling I snatched the phone away from Kevin.

“What the hell do you want?” I shouted.

“You,” Sam replied, his voice soft, “You’re beautiful, I want to keep you forever, I want to kill you and hang your naked body up on my wall like a prized deer, I want to bath in your blood and…..”

I screamed and threw the phone away from me. It hit the wall and fell to the hard wood floor, the screen cracked.