Short inspiring stories

1) One of the most heart touching inspirational stories is the story of Bethany Hamilton. At the age of 13, surfing prodigy and Hawaii native Bethany Hamilton lost her entire left arm after being attacked by a tiger shark just off the coast of Kauai. But while most would give up on their dreams, Bethany didn't give up on her dream of becoming a professional surfer, she was back in the water and back on her board less than a month later after the incident.

Now that's called perseverance. Today, Hamilton is 23 years old and, yes, she is a  pro surfer

2)THE STORY OF DERECK REDMOND

At the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, In the middle of the semi-final race the dreams of one of the sprinters – Dereck Redmon for  an Olympic medal got crushed by a debilitating hamstring injury, but while most athletes would just give up and submit to defeat, bend over and cry, Dereck was determined to cross the finish line, to finish what he started. So he picked himself up off the ground and started hobbling towards the finish lane. Then, just when it seems he might not be able to continue because of the pain, Redmond's dad forces his way onto the track and puts his arm around his son, who cries on his shoulder as the two finish the race together.