Chapter 10

(Y/N)'s POV
They put us in each cage, taking away our backpacks in the process. Annabeth was already in a cage. The boys were on one side while the girls were on the other.

"What happened?" Annabeth asked.

"We got caught." Percy said, stating the obvious.

"I can see that. I want to know how you got caught." Annabeth looked at Tyson, who was still playing with pieces of metal on the floor.

"Was it because of him?" Annabeth asked.

"No. What do you have against him anyway?" Percy asked.

While Annabeth and Percy were arguing, I layed my head against the bars of the cage.

'How could he?...But what if Luke's right? What if it is my dad's fault my mom died?'

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Percy who was calling my name.

"Yeah?"

"Look (Y/N), I don't know what you've been through in your past or if what Luke said was true. But I do know that you'll get through this and I'll be with you every step of the way."

He smiled a little making me smile back.

"Wait, what are ya'll talking about? What did Luke say to you?" Annabeth asked.

"I'll tell you everything after we get out of here. Any ideas?"

Annabeth looked at our stuff that was hanging by the wall near me.

"I think I do."

She explained the plan to us. I got ready and so did Percy since the plan involved the two of us. Percy kneels with his eyes closed, concentrating on the water. The yacht starting move more roughly. My backpack started swinging with every movement. Tyson and Annabeth hanged on against the cage wall.

"Here goes nothing." I said as I slid my hand in between the bars trying to grab my backpack.

I was just about to grab it when I was send back to the wall, probably because we went over a steep wave.

"(Y/N) are you ok?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah just that Percy is trying to kill us."

A small window banged open making sea water splash inside.

"I think it's working" Tyson said.

The yacht went over another huge wave, making my backpack fly off the hook and slides across the floor. I quickly caught it just as it was about to pass my cage.

"You got it?" Percy asked.

"Piece of cake."

I opened my backpack and grabbed the tape gun that Hermes gave us.

"How do you use it?" Annabeth asked.

"I don't know. This is my first mythical tape gun."

I reached up and started unfurling the tape along the cell door, then the sides, and then the bottom. I cut the the tape off and stepped back. Suddenly the door started dissolving from the center outward. I stepped out of the cage and used the tape gun on the others.

3rd POV
Once they were all out of the cages, they opened the door to find the Manticore sleeping in front of it. They quietly walked past the snoring monster, making sure they ducked from the poison scorpion-like tail. Percy opened another door that led outside. The teens hurry across the yacht's deck but Chris cuts them off.