Ch. Nineteen.

Dinah Jane Hansen.

"Do you promise that you're going to behave and not say anything inappropriate?" I ask my parents, who in turn both roll their eyes. "I'm serious." I whine at their response.

My mother chuckles lightly while my father fixes his snapback.

His damn snapback.

He could have been a little bit more formal, but no... let's embarrass Dinah in front of her pretty girlfriend.

"Calm down." My mother says in an assuring tone. "We'll be fancy enough for an hour for your fancy little girlfriend and her fancy little job."

I roll my eyes. "It's not even like that... she's not even like that."

"We'll be on our best behaviour sweetie." My dad slings an arm over my shoulder. "I promise. For myself. I can't promise for your mother, she's ratchet as hell."

"Uh huh." My mother rolls her eyes. "Sleep on the couch then."

"I meant - nevermind." He sighs. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." She side eyes him. "Let me just get my purse before your father says anything else that will may be harmful to his back."

He scoffs and she sends him a glare before getting her purse and coming back down. "Ready?"

"We're just waiting on you." My father says, causing me to groan.

"Dad. Just shut up, please."

My mother smirks and I take the keys, waiting for them to get outside and then lock the door behind them.

I put them both in the backseat so that they could learn a lesson and then drove all the way to Normani's place with the radio turned up, because I'm not talking to either of them.

When we get there, I give them a little 'talk'.

"Mom please be polite." I tell her nicely, holding onto her arms. "And by polite I don't mean by saying 'hey what a nice weave you have' or something like you said to Nela's mom."

"I just wanted to know where she got her weave done, it looked amazing." My mother defends herself.

"Mom."

"Fine. Fine."

"And dad." I turn to my father and remove his snapback, smoothing his hair out. "Please don't say anything disgusting, like talk about your gout."

"Fine." He sighs.

"Good." I smile and clap my hands.

I knock on the door to be respectful because if her parents weren't here, I would have just barged in like I do all the time. But I'm not going to.

A moment later, Mama Drea opens the door with a warm smile.

She immediately pulls me into a hug that allows me to breathe, sometimes my parents can become very overbearing.

Once I pull away, I introduce the sets of parents. "Mama Drea." I smile. "This is my mother Milika and this is my father, Gordon."

"Very nice to meet you." My mother smiles like I told her to when I first got her from her house.

"You too." Mama Drea says and leads her to the couch along with my father.

"Oh. Normani is in the kitchen." She throws over her shoulder.

I'm hesitant to leave my parents but excited to see Normani, so I leave them and go to the kitchen.
Normani is sweating her ass off and I can feel why. The kitchen is hot as fuck.