Prologue

School was winding to a close. All Kaylee had to do was finish today.

Like at every school, the last day at Fairview High in Washington was, at the very least, pointless. A final day for goodbyes if you will.

Seniors were leaving. Freshmen would be arriving. Tears and laughter filled the halls. But for Kaylee, the only sound heard was the music blasting through her headphones. That was until Callie rudely interrupted by ripping the sound of 5SOS out of her ears.

Kaylee glared at her friend, retrieving the ear buds from Callie's hands as Jessica bounded up.

"This will be the longest summer of our lives!" Jessica practically screamed. "This is our last summer vacation. And it lasts forever."

"Love the attitude Jess, but you know I'm going to UCLA in the Fall." Kaylee looked at her naive friend seriously. She was the most heart broken about Kaylee's college decision. Before Jessica could be upset, Callie jumped in.

"All the more reason to live this summer to the fullest. Starting with the 5SOS concert in Seattle on Monday." She giggled a bit raising her eyebrows, causing Jessica to squeal and Kaylee to roll her eyes.

"You guys haven't given me money for gas yet. It's a five hour drive and we have to leave late tomorrow night. Got it?"

Callie and Jessica nodded as Kaylee walked towards the school doors, following behind her. "Don't worry, this summer will be lit." Jessica proclaimed, using pointless teenage lingo.

Kaylee opened the front doors effortlessly, closing her eyes to breath in the fresh air deeply. In shorts and a flowing white shirt with sandals, the sun kissed every inch of her skin.
"Let the summer begin!"