2. Sleep Deprived

"Callie, wake up!" I yelled.

I was exhausted, and my two friends were asleep. We were only two hours in and at this rate, we'd have to stop before getting to Seattle so I could rest my tired eyes.

Realizing I was getting nowhere in her waking, I pulled up to a gas station and went inside, buying a few Monster energy drinks.

Afterwards, I decided to drink one immediately and sip another as I drove. I'd save the extra one for Callie. Leaning against my car, I pulled out my phone and signed into Twitter. I smiled, seeing that just fifteen minutes ago, the 5SOS Twitter page had updated about the Seattle concert.

@5sos:Welcome to Washington boys! @lukehemmo5sos @mikeyclifford5sos @calumhood5sos @ashtonirwin5sos

I couldn't help but join in on the excitement.

@kaylee_harmony: Can't wait to see @5SOS in concert on Monday in Seattle! I love y'all!

I grinned to myself, and sipped the Monster slowly. I refreshed my phone to see if anything new was tweeted out.

@lukehemmo5sos:How do we have fans still awake at 3:30am? If you're in Washington at the moment anyways.

Well, that's one way to make a girl smile. I was grinning like an idiot at my phone, trying to hold in a scream. I wanted to be cool but damn, Luke Hemmings practically tweeted to me!

@kaylee_harmony: @lukehemmo5sos Some of us are probably driving to Seattle to see a concert this Monday? #5sosForever

I tweeted out quickly and got into the car, finishing the first Monster. Jess was laying down in the backseat, covered in a blanket. Callie had leaned her seat back a bit, so she could relax. Her brown hair was all over the place.

I put in some headphones, listening to music as I started the drive again. At this rate, we'd arrive Seattle at about five. Maybe later.

As tired as I was, I continued driving. Listening to a random playlist on my iPod, I was surprised by a massive traffic stop not too far off the highway. I groaned and laid my head against the steering wheel. This might put is a little behind schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By six we were finally past the traffic and on the road to Seattle, with only an hour left in the drive.

Finally Jessica woke up, confused on how we hadn't yet arrived. Her red hair looked like fire in the early sunlight.

"Morning sweetheart, how'd you sleep?"

"Uh...fine." She mumbled as she rubbed her eyes and stretched. "Why aren't we there yet?"

"Massive traffic stop. Literally sat there for every bit of an hour and a half."

"Bummer." She replied smiling slightly.

"You're telling me. Hungry? I see a McDonald's up ahead and I've been itching to get a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit."

She nodded thoughtfully, requesting pancakes and bacon. Pulling up, I ordered our food and some bacon and hashbrowns for Callie. "Why no eggs?" Jess questioned.

"Callie doesn't really LOVE eggs. Scrambled if she had to, but if she has another choice, no go on the eggs. Don't get syrup all over my car."

I ordered us all orange juice as well, and an extra helping of pancakes for Callie, not knowing for sure what she'd want.
Finally, I paid for the food and was back on the road, eating as I drove. Jessica was chatting excitedly in the back. "I even made a sign, I just need to add glitter. Hopefully they'll notice us!"