The Talent Show: Part 2

"Give it up for Marcus Harris everybody!" The crowd clapped in unison for the scrawny boy and he smiled in content before waving with his hand muttering a quick "thank you." and exiting the stage from where he first came out.

"Now, we have a particular young man up next. I was quite reluctant when I saw he was signing up for the talent show but I must say...I saw how gifted he was in rehearsals. So without further due, up next is Ryder Jordan." Mr. Whitman exits the stage just as the crowd goes wild with people yelling and clapping in encouragement for Ryder to come out and I hold my breath waiting to see him. Within seconds I spot his tall frame and brown hair as he comes out from the red curtains, he smirks confidently as he moves towards the microphone with a guitar strapped on. He fixes the height on the microphone stand and he clears his throat.

"What's up everybody? Are you guys having a good time?" His voice sounds soft and controlled and the crowd screams more in response, I even hear guys from the football team chanting his name over and over.

"Anyways...I'm gonna sing a song that means a lot to me-" he begins talking but gets interrupted by a girl with blonde hair in the third row.

"I love you Ryder!!" I frown at what she said but Ryder only laughs it off.

"Oh wow, thanks. Well, as I was saying, this song means a lot to me because it reminds me of someone that I hold very dearly in my heart and I invited her to come and watch me sing it for her." He begins strumming his fingers softly on his guitar and I feel my heart beating wildly inside of my chest because of his words. Ryder looks out onto the crowd, his eyes moving between the rows of people like he's looking for me. He finally looks down to his guitar and begins tuning it, once he's done he opens his mouth.

"You know who you are, and if you're here then this ones for you."  Ana hits me on the side with her elbow and I look at her smiling. He starts harmonizing softly and then begins to sing.

"Give me love like her, cuz lately I've been waking up alone..." His fingers dance on his guitar rhythmically, like maybe he's played this song a millionth times and he knows it by heart. I watch his face, as he frowns his eyebrows looking in pain. Like he's singing this from the bottom of his heart, like he means every word, every melody, every chord, every note. Like he loves me like no other, like he needs me, like we're meant to be.

"Give me love." He presses something that looks like a pedal on the ground and his voice continues echoing despite him not singing, he strums his guitar once and twice and presses the pedal again. His voice has merge with the strumming creating something beautiful as he hits his guitar with his hand he steps on the pedal again and the voices stop as he continues singing.

"Give me love, now. Give me love now, now. My my my my give me love."  He continues singing and I can tell the songs coming to an end because he's singing more softly and he's strumming more delicately, not as fast and not as desperate as before. He stops strumming and instead begins clapping, the crowd claps along with him as he sings the same words over and over and yet despite them being the same words they seem completely different as he sings them with a different tune, with a different tone, with different emotions. His voice is so perfect, so raw, so honest, so pure, so lovely that with every word sang I fall in love with him just a little bit more. I feel myself crying but I don't care because he's there up on stage singing me a song letting me know he loves me, and he doesn't have to say it because I feel it.

The song ends along with his singing and harmonizing, and there's a beautiful silence in the crowd as they look at him in awe. He smiles, a dazzling smile that can be seen from miles away. He looks like he belongs on stage with the big spot light shinning down on him. He grabs the mic once more just as Mr.Whitman tries to step back into the stage.