Not the Naruto I know

Hey guys just a quick note before you read this chapter! I decided to dedicate this chapter to 2 people who commented and made me want to update it for them. Even if it was quite late!!! Sorrrrryyyyyyy!

This chapter is dedicated to

RandomShipzz

and

RafaelaFelini

Thanks guys xxx

-------------------------------------------------
Next day

Sasuke pov

It was strange. The class was silent for the first time in ages. The environment was different and everyone was waiting for someone to snap. And this was all happening because of one blonde boy, who didn't have the same aura as always. The dramatic entrance. Nope not today. He sullenly made his way over to his desk and dropped his forehead onto the table. He ignored Sakura who was eagerly waiting for a compliment. He ignored Iruka who was about to scold him for being late. But most importantly he ignored me. He didn't say anything at all when I glared at him. The usual "wanna fight?" Never came. It was funny how the whole class depended on one boy to be happy. His joy was always so contagious that even I sometimes found it hard to contain a smile. Iruka stared at Naruto weirdly before he cleared his throat.

"Alright class. We are going to review the transformation jutsu today."

Iruka stared at Naruto expectantly while saying that. It was a chance to embarass Iruka sensei by doing his 'special' jutsu. But Naruto simply continued to stare down at his lap.

"Sakura you're up."

He continued to call people up and when he finally called Naruto up, we all held in a breath waiting for a reaction. Naruto was unresponsive for a while until he suddenly stood up. My eyes widened in shock when I saw how different he looked. His blue eyes had turned into a slightly grayish shade and was framed by dark eyebags. He dragged his body to the front of the class leaving the rest of us to observe and wait in anticipation.

"Transformation jutsu."

He mumbled before he turned into a pathetic excuse of Iruka sensei. But I was shocked, along with everyone else. Never in Naruto's all academy days did he actually attempt to do what Iruka said. Even Iruka sensei stood gobsmacked at the front of the class. This wasn't the Naruto I knew. He dragged his body back to his seat leaving everyone stunned.

"What?"

He whispered looking at everyone with his dull stare. Iruka immediately began stuttering other people's names as they rushed to the front of the class. I stared at the blondie as an aching feeling began to develop in my chest. It continued to grow as the class progressed and I finally blew up.

"Whats wrong with you today usuratonkachi?"

I whispered in his ear. He looked at me and I tried not to flinch away from the cold stare. He shook his head and tried to smile. A gut wrenching feeling filled me as I looked at him. The smile looked so force, his eyes were closed and his brows were furrowed. He looked more like he was holding in tears.

"Nothing at all. I'm fine. Like always."

He said trying to sound energetic. He gave me a thumbs up and opened his blue orbs.

"Da-Dattebayo!"

He stuttered out. Suddenly rage began to fill me replacing any dread that was left in me. I scanned the classroom to see that everyone was busy with their own work, so they probably wouldn't hear. I brought my hand out and slapped him across the face. Hard. His head whipped to the other side and he brought a hand to his cheek. He looked at me with betrayal and despair.

"Why?"

He questioned me as tears brimmed in his eyes. I sighed and thought about how un uchihaly I was about to be. I cupped his face with my two hands and pressed my forehead against his.

"Stop lying to me Naruto."

With those few words he seemed to shatter. Before he could let out loud sobs that would probably draw attention to him, I placed a finger to his lips. I grabbed his hand and dashed out of the classroom ignoring Iruka's shouts behind me. As we ran Naruto began to cry. I looked behind me to see his arm covering his eyes and tears streaming down his face. It was the first time I saw the bright boy like this. As we reached an isolated spot I wrapped my arms around his shaking form and brought his smaller body into mine. He clutched onto my shirt, soaking it with his tears as I whispered comforting words to him. His cries slowly turned into sniffles and he finally let go.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?"

I asked him after a while. He continued to stare at the ground with an occasional hiccup. I sighed yet again and lifted his chin up with my finger. I stared at his eyes which was now tinged with red and his trembling lip. He shook his head and brought me into another embrace.

Naruto pov

My arms wrapped perfectly around his torso and I buried my head into his shoulder. My heart began to speed up and I felt my face heat up. This was the first time I was treated with such care. I never knew this dobe had a side to him like this. But what was this feeling? I felt millions of butterflies flutter around in my chest and I gripped his shirt. Maybe it was a sign of a new friendship. But when he looked at me with his dark orbs, I couldn't help but feel I was being sucked into a dark void. When he whispered those caring words and wrapped me in his arms. I felt like I belonged. Maybe just maybe, I wasn't so alone after all.

---------------

Hey guys I hoped you liked it!

Will a new relationship blossom between the oblivious boys or will they be stuck thinking it's just some sort of friendship forever????

hehehehe

Thanks for reading!

Alisa