Chapter 17: Sacrifice

I couldn't lose him. I can't. I shifted back into my wolf and carried him under my belly, one paw holding him on his bullet wound, trying to stop the bleeding. I ran and ran towards the healers. He can't die. He has to live.

"Alpha Chase has just been shot with star-iron. I'm taking him to the healers. We have to win this for him," I mind-linked my pack.

My wolf was howling for the loss of her mate as we ran light-speed to the healers. Screw all the stupid star-iron cuts I got. Chase is my priority.

"Lydia! Lydia!" I yelled. I dodged an arrow that came flying at me as I shifted, entering the mansion placing Chase on the carpet.

The petite head healer ran over, her black hair in a high pony-tail.

"Alpha!" she gasps in horror, "we have to get him to the emergency room. Shift," she tells me. Normally we aren't allowed to, but this was an emergency so I had no choice. I shifted into my wolf and Lydia lifted Chase onto my back. Quickly arriving to the emergency room, I placed Chase on the bed then shifted back.

"Star iron bullet. It was coming for me, then he just took it!" I sobbed. I couldn't hold it anymore.

"You have to forgive him, he had mystic poison in his system, he didn't kiss Rebecca on purpose," she says not looking at me but carefully removing the bullet from Chase's skin. It had made its way to his stomach area, and I'm scared that he'd be dead already. Lydia unwrapped my shirt from Chase's leg and replaced it with a tightly wrapped cast.

"If it was Rebecca..." It all clicked. Arden said Gaston sent this girl to put something in Chase's drink... "It was Rebecca! She's working for the rogues!" I gasped in realization.

"We can deal with Rebecca later. Go out to the fight, I'll work my best with Chase, there's still hope," Lydia says firmly. I nod, taking a tissue to wipe my tears.

"Thank you," I reply before running up to my room.

I grabbed an extra star-iron sword I my father had given me a few years back and joined the bloodbath.

My parents. How were they?

'They've had years of training, don't worry about them,' my wolf assures me. I nod and decided to fight in human form.

"Alpha is with head-healer Lydia, there is still a chance," I tell my pack.

"The battle goes well. We have Arden as an ally. He was the one who let you go. Ashlyn, mom, dad, and I are okay," Cole's voice appears in my mind. I don't bother replying as I duel with a rogue. Barring my teeth at him, I kicked him in the balls and drove my sword into his heart as he lay down dead.

I saw the familiar color of Jake, Logan, and Evan's wolves as they were surrounded by six rogues; five of which are in wolf form. Running towards them, I dug my sword into a rogue's neck. Their attention snapped towards me and I growled, leaping onto a ugly grey wolf's back. My sword heartlessly dug into his side as he collapsed onto the ground. The three of Chase's friends set off to attack the other rogues, sending me a look of thanks.

A large dull brown colored wolf advanced towards me, and the others knew to stay away, for this was mine and Gaston's fight. I growled.

'Slaughter him,' my wolf snarls in hatred, 'slice him into pieces.'

I didn't change into wolf form as I knew his large wolf would overpower mine. Staying human would give me the advantage of size. He leapt in my direction and I bent down, holding my sword up making a large cut in his belly.