The kingdom and the glory

the kingdom and the glory
Hello guys! English, it is not my motherly language, I'm French so I apologize if there are some mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me where they are so that I can improve.

This is my first full length fiction, with chapters, I hope it will please you. It is a AU where Katherine Howard does not marry Henry and where Cromwell is spared. Instead of Katherine, Henry marries a french noble lady, on the advice of Cromwell.

I hope my little story will please you..

Sincerely
Marina Ka-Fai

XXXXXXXXX

The French Bride

Chapter 15 : For thine is the kingdom and the glory

' I have a surprise for you, Sweetheart.'

Marina looked at her husband. She was wondering what he did.

' Soon, your cousins from France will be by your side and they will attend to the coronation. They are already on their way.'

' You didn't?'

' I did.'

The young woman had a laugh of joy and she kissed her husband, who was hugging her.

' Thank you so much!'

' You're welcome.'

XXXXXXXXX

In an inn, a small group was gathered around a table. All dressed with black cloaks, their shadows were reflected on the walls by a candle.

' The queen bewitched the king. She also cast her spell upon Lady Mary. She is the messenger of the devil! Our land is becoming Heaven for Lutherans! And the king has invited two of her relatives. It seems that they share the same beliefs as their wicked cousin. We must act. For England. For the true faith. For thine is the kingdom and the glory.

One of them was given a purse and a dagger. The assassination plan was ready. The witch queen was going to pay for what she did to the catholic faction.

One of Cromwell's spies heard them and gave a report to his master.

XXXXXXXXX

After a long trip on a boat, the two brothers of Champagne were in a carriage which was taking them to Hampton Court, accompanied by royal guards. Eric was daydreaming while Ambroise was reading. Suddenly, the carriage stopped. They heard a scream and a man, in a black cloak, stepped in the carriage. He looked scary and his dagger was full of blood.

' Who are you?' Ambroise said bravely

' For thine is the kingdom and the glory! The wicked queen and her family will die!'

The man threw himself in the carriage, he made his way to Eric quickly, grabbing in with strength and he stabbed the youngest of the brothers, who could not fight back.

' Eric!' Ambroise screamed as he saw his brother's body falling down

The aggressor tried to stabbed the injured man once again but Ambroise interfered, getting stabbed in the arm. Eric was unconscious, bleeding awfully and having difficulties for breathing. Outside, there were corpses.

' Halt! In the name of the king!'

One of the guards had the brillant idea of calling for some help, the man was captured and taken to the Tower while the carriage was sent to its destination as quickly as possible.

XXXXXXXXX

Henry sent the best physicians to attend the brothers while Cromwell had to tell Marina. She noticed his face. Something was happening.