A new child

89 Chapter 19: A new child
Hello guys! English, it is not my motherly language, I'm French so I apologize if there are some mistakes. Don't hesitate to tell me where they are so that I can improve.

This is my first full length fiction, with chapters, I hope it will please you. It is a AU where Katherine Howard does not marry Henry and where Cromwell is spared. Instead of Katherine, Henry marries a French noble lady, on the advice of Cromwell.

I hope my little story will please you..

Sincerely
Marina Ka-Fai

XXXXXXXXX

The French Bride

Chapter 19 : A new child

Eustace Chapuys did not understand how Mary could be so okay with the fact that Elizabeth was placed above her. The Harlot was innocent, it was natural to make amends for the rest of her soul and to the offspring she left behind but her marriage to Henry was never valid in the eye of the true faith.

' The king must do as he wants. You know, I do not mind about being the last in the line of succession. My family is in peace. '

' But, Princess Mary, surely you do not have to witness that ceremony for that shameful woman. '

Mary looked at him.

' I will go. As a princess of England, I have a duty to fulfil. And it will be a hard moment for Elizabeth. You know how much I love her. I cannot let her down in such a painful event. '

The imperial ambassador was amazed by Mary's lack of hatred but he could not help feeling bad for her, it was so unfair! Mary noticed it in his eyes, she smiled to him.

' Please, Eustace, do not be troubled for me. For I have a great reason to be happy. '

The young lady had a bright smile, a hand upon her belly. The man understood, quite amazed.

XXXXXXXXX

A mass for Anne's soul was celebrated on the 19th of May 1543 after her reburial. It was a really long ceremony, it took three hours. At the end of it, Henry proclaimed officially Elizabeth as a legitimate Princess of England. The little girl had a surprising sentence.

' If Your Majesty allows it, I would like to be called Lady Elizabeth as I used to. I know that my birth is still controversial for some people and I do not wish to be a trouble for the peace of this land. And above all, I would not like my sister Mary to be considered as less royal than me. She too is a king's daughter and I do not want her to feel as if she was of no value. '

It amazed the entire court and especially the Spanish ambassador. Mary was really touched by Elizabeth's gift. And Henry felt really proud of his daughter.

' If it is your wish, dear daughter, then it is settled. You may be legitimate and therefore above Princess Harmony, you shall be called Lady Elizabeth if it is your desire. '

' Thank you, Your Majesty. '

Mary, in her condition, could not hold back some tears. Charles hugged her softly. He sent a message to Henry a few hours later to tell him that Mary and him had a surprise for him. The king received them in his office.

' We have a gift for you Father. A gift that will arrive in eight months. It takes time to make it.' Mary said

Henry did not understand really well at first. Then Charles gave him a small box. In it, there was a small brooch made of gold. It represented a cradle. The king finally realized.

' You are expecting a child! '

' Yes! The first of your grandchildren is on his way. '

Henry hugged and kissed Mary.

' My baby is going to have a baby... It is so marvellous! We must celebrate this moment! Have a joust or a feast! Or maybe both! My first grandson! '

Seeing his friend full of excitement and joy made Charles smile. He felt as if Henry and him were twenty years old again. He was excited too by this new fatherhood. He always loved being a father. He found happiness with his children. And even if Mary could be his own daughter, he found happiness next to her as well.

XXXXXXXXX

To celebrate Mary's first pregnancy, Henry did not make any restriction. He planned a huge feast, a joust, plays, shows... He ordered the best Spanish wines and foods. One hundred young peasant girls were to be married thanks to his royal generosity. He even allowed the catholic faction to have masses to celebrate the event since Mary believed in the old ways. The new spread around the country like fire. In every town, in every village, there were parties, people cheered up and drank to Mary's health and prayed for a healthy baby.

Marina watched Henry planning all that with a smile, a hand upon her belly. This time, the doctors announced only one baby. All she desired was that baby to be born healthy. Deep within her heart, she prayed for a baby boy. She wanted to give to her husband a fourth male heir.

XXXXXXXXX

At Court, everyone was surprised by Elizabeth's behaviour. She was recognized as a princess but yet, she continued to call herself Lady, she treated her bastard sister Mary as her equal, she continued to act like she used to before, when she was still considered as a bastard, and she was even seen talking to Cromwell, the one who was responsible for her mother's demise.

' I must thank you, My Lord, for what you have done to clear my dear mother's name. ' She said

' It was only Justice, My Lady. '

She saw him really ill-at-ease.

' Do not be troubled for me. Who knows? If my mother did not die, perhaps I would have never been a big sister. And to think it makes me sad for I love my youngest siblings very much. What is done is done. You admitted your guilt and you made amends. You did what you could do to restore Anne Boleyn's good name. I do not hold any resentment towards you. Raise your head. '

The young girl smiled to him. It made everyone gossip. Elizabeth was a true Tudor and acted like a true princess. And she was just a girl of nine.

XXXXXXXXX

Marina and Henry were dining together as they used to since they were married. The young queen had a craving for raspberries. So her husband made sure that she had all the raspberries she desired.

' I have received a letter from my cousins. ' She said

' Really? How are they? '

' They are very well, they arrived in the earldom with no issues. They thank you again for your hospitality. '

Henry smiled.

' They are very welcome. Your cousins are two good men. '

' I'm glad you think so. '

They continued to eat.

' To think that Mary is pregnant... My baby is going to have a baby... I feel so strange... ' Henry admitted

' I am so happy for her! And for Charles! I am certain that our daughter will be a marvellous mother. '

' I feel old. '

' To me, you are the handsomest man in all Europe. You do not age. You will be forever that prince charming I fell in love with. '

Henry saw that she was sincere. He git up and went to his wife's side. He kissed her while placing a hand on her belly.

' I love you so much. I cannot thank God enough for sending you in my life! '

Marina smiled while blushing a bit. Everything was perfect in every way.