If Only...

Something is going on totes funny in my brain. There's this guy in my History class that I cannot stop staring at. I don't know if it's his adorable green eyes that reel in my gaze forcing me to stare at him or I have a massive crush on him, but I've never felt this way about a guy before. I mean sure I've dated a couple dozen guys from the football team but ever since I first saw him raise his hand to answer a question I can't stop looking at him. Trevor. His shaggy orange hair reminds me of a brightly burning fire, and he has so many freckles you'd think he was a tan ranga! Everything about him is perfect from his skinny little arms to his sticky outy belly button. The only problem is how could a girl like me get a guy like him to ask me out? If only he was mine...
As I stare at him now at recess I imagine his chapped lips brushing against mine and the feel of his bony fingers tracing my jaw. I start to feel a tingling sensation in my spine just at the thought and I pull my chair closer to the table.

"Hey Anya," I hear Roshee & Roshé say in sync, "we don't want to waste your precious time, but we wrote you another song! It's called 'Just A Little More Better'" Ugh, another song? "A five, a six, a five, six, seven, eight! Oh, we love you, and so does everyone else. You're popular, and hot and awesomer than us. BEDELSE!. Ooh ooh, you're a little more better, ooh ooh just a little more better than us. Oh a little more better, and if we were you we would be so popular too." They sing in their annoying out of pitch singing and their German/Indian accents make the words hard to understand, but I've gotten used to it. "Don't you just adore it?"

"Yeah it's great, next." Roshee & Roshé quickly scurry off whispering excitedly to each other. The next in line to see me is an ugly guy in my grade with tan skin and muscles so big they hardly fit in his tiny white shirt. He shakes his wavy brown hair as he takes off his sunglasses.

"Hey Anya," he pauses expecting a reply but gets none, "so uh, there's this new movie coming out, I just wondered if you maybe wanted to go see it with me on Friday night. If that's cool with you?" How many times has this guy asked me out again?

"Uh sorry, me and the cheer squad have this thing on Friday, but thanks anyways. Next" I try as hard as I can to sound sorry, but I can see an ounce of hurt flash across his face before he walks away, and the next person steps up. I quickly glance at my watch and see there's only five minutes left of eating time and I haven't even gotten my food.

"Oh my Bud-" an Asian kid starts who was next in line.

"Ok, ok. That's all for today, thank you all. I'll be here tomorrow." There's only so much a girl can take and sometimes listening to people say how much they love me gets boring. I stand up from my seat and grab my tray and head to the cafeteria. Up on the chalkboard it says that today's special is pea and ham soup. Ew. Can't they have a vegetarian special for once?

"So annoying isn't it," a sarcastic and slightly familiar voice says from behind me. I spin around to see Trevor, "they really do need a vegetarian special?" Oh my Swift, I said that out loud!

"Sorry just thinking out loud." I can feel the heat rising up in my cheeks. He's not vegetarian - he's mocking me.

"You know meat has heaps of protein in it you should really try it." The fact he knows that without having to google it on the spot is dazzling.

"It is also really fatty. If I'm going to be a model I need to be skinny, and meat is not going to help me be skinny." This literally forces a laugh from him. See what I mean? He totally thinks I'm a dork! How am I possibly going to get him to like me if he thinks I'm stupid? My stress must show because his laughing increases until the whole eating area stops and stares. I try to act natural but it's absolutely impossible so I drop my tray, swing my leg back and kick Trevor in the balls. Then walk off, my heels clicking in the silence as I leave.