Chapter 1. why me.

Tatiana's POV -

"What is it mum?" I grumbled fiddling with my sock, "Your gonna be late for school you know" she shouted back, "Yea I realised mum I can read the time!". After fumbling with my sock for who knows how long; I walked out of my room (well ran) i grabbed my bag, shoved food in my mouth and slammed the door shut. The cold weather hit my face that caused my nose to tingle, gosh did I hate this weather. My hands were freezing but you know living in Australia, where all them kangaroos lived, it was meant to be hot, but when it came to winter it was hella cold, almost too cold; for us Aussies .

The way to school was quiet, it was comfortable, it's not like I have a distant relationship with my mum like come on. "alright honey have a good one" 
"yea thanks mum you too" I replied whilst did a quick peck on her cheek. "bye!"
I walked into school hands folded on my chest, high school wasn't a breeze for me especially when you are hand raised by asian parents. I never felt myself as being special you know being asian and all, I have the same old dark brown eyes with black hair that I chopped earlier last year, my sense of style wasn't something that bothered me but I guess I was alright. I spotted my friends at the usual spot, "Sorry a bit late today" I smiled, "Yea your late!" Abbegail yelped whilst smiling
"At least not as late as the pops over there" Cacey stated pointing,
"They're not bad I guess" I almost yelled,
"Like 99.99% are alright" Cacey mumbled, "What have they done to you?",
"Oh hey Abril!" I said, "Hey, looks like we're already into depth with this conversation are we not?", "I guess so" I chuckled.  The same old bell rung , "Whoop there goes the bell" Abbegail whined, "Right meet you guys at my locker?" , they all nodded.

I walked over to my locker and twisted in the code; damn it was cold, holy. "TATIAANNA" a familiar voice yelled from behind. "What the-" , "Sorry did I scare you?" Izzy asked, "No you didn't scare the living daylights out of me and ruined my morning thanks", she narrowed her eyebrows, "I was kidding" , she just rolled her eyes and said "Don't be late". I pulled the books out of my bag and shoved it into my locker, what's first period, what's first period I murmur to myself. Ugh geography crap, I hate it so much. "Hey took you long enough to tats" Abbegail said, "Gee sorry, not my fault I have an annoying locker buddy" I turned and stuck my tongue at her.

We walked into class and I took my usual seat. I left Abbegail to go her own route since we weren't in the same class, I was practically alone in this class. Mrs Merley walked in, she's bloody early today. "Good morning" she chirped, since when was she in such a good mood. "Alright turn to page 357 in your textbooks, read and then answer questions on page 358 , I'll check in 30", I slowly took out my books and pens and started the reading, I hate this so much what is this , why do we need this, ugh. I started writing the questions in and my brain went foggy, I started scribbling and drew a portrait of a face, I didn't know who's face it was but she had nice hair, I'm surprised Mrs Merly didn't notice, "NO!" I jumped out of my chair, it's like I got snapped out of my daydream, and rummaged into the real world only to see Mrs Merley yelling at a James, how stupid. I dropped my head back down onto my paper , to the corner of my eye someone turned around, no one turns around because Mrs Merley hates it, I looked up to see Mason look up at me, he smirked, what the hell does he want from me?, "you draw?" he whispered, I nodded, "you know your really good", "uh thanks" I said feeling my body temperature heat up, Mason was one of the douche heads in the popular group, he's so bipolar I swear! He snapped back when Mrs Merley yelled at him "sorry miss", he turned and winked, what a jerk.

I managed to walk out of class alive, trying to avoid Mason, he didn't have any friends in that class either like me so I guess that's one thing we'll ever have in common. I heard footsteps approach the side of me, it better not be- "Tatiana, I'm gonna send you your homework tonight on email is that alright?" I nodded and smiled, thank the lord it wasn't Mason. I kept my pace steady as I walked down the stairs, one more period till recess, I'll get through this. Someone tapped my shoulder, "sorry uh-", "Tatiana", I said looking at the ground, I turned once I got to the bottom of the stairs and, what- "Can I ask you something?"
"Mason if your going to ask me out its a no", I heard him chuckle and started walking away, his time his broad hand grabbed my shoulder and swung me around, dropping my book, "Oh I'm sorry, here" he said whilst grabbing my book, I snatched it off him and put it in my pile I was holding and nodded, "Can you.. can you uh send me that portrait you were drawing in class?" he said with one hand in his pocket, Mason was one of the typical cute guys in school, I didn't butterfly over him, I did when I first met him but you know I got over it after knowing his complete crap personality. "You know there are better artists like Angela, and it wouldn't be hard just asking your girlfriend for it" I said and walked; almost too fast, "Hey wait a second!" he said as he jogged up. With his long strides it didn't take him very long to be by my side again. "Your one of the good ones, the different I need your drawing, I need it please" , wait was that a compliment I hear from Mason? No way. He pleaded with his green emerald eyes, "Your annoying" looking up at him. I pivoted on my heal and walked away only to hear him murmur yes to himself; people seriously don't make sense.

A/N hey guys! I'm srsly so new to this but it's so fun writing these! this is my first book I've ever started to write so criticise all you want. I hope you guys enjoy the first part of this story! thanks ly x