A Dying Man

A Dying Man

The wind blew with the plants swaying to the airy dance. Flowers and weeds wilted like their caretaker who sat on a steel moving chair. His ashen hair was so similar to the remains of the countless incense that were lit at a thankful shrine of gratitude. Wrinkly hands touched the small statue after a long time of his stay in that area.

The man moved his chair, pushing the wheels, and left the farthest corner of his lively hanging garden. The world, as he knows it, was moving on its own pace, slowly leaving him behind. It was a clear indication for him that he could not continue neither his past or present life nor his future.

Everyone knew he was dying.

From the smallest common ailments to the more severe ones, his family took notice of it and paid much heed. In their country, the attention given by the young family to the elder one was of ignorance so saying that this was either abnormal or unnatural, but what could they do? Their family loved each other so much.

"Gramps!" A young voice called out to him. He blinked and turned his head to the source of the voice. A boy around the age of five was smiling at him. The world seemed to be in a lighter color with his brown hair and green eyes.

All it took was a blink and the one running to him was a man in his early twenties.

"Come on, gramps. Lunch's ready. She cooked your favourite! You should have seen mom panicking when I told her she almost put sugar instead of salt." His enthusiastic grandson rambled as his wheelchair was pushed to the direction of the house's front door.

Slowlylike the leaves of autumn, the pleasant musical noise faded in the distance andthen everything was pristine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi! This was newly written around last month after I got the idea of a satisfied top image. 

I hope that you all enjoyed it. Any comments and votes are very acceptable! Updates are not going to stop anytime.

Have a nice day and happy readings! :)

~ Lacie