The Old Mansion

Hey readers!!! Please don't forget to vote if you do like the chapter. If you don't, please comment in the section below about the part which you didn't find interesting.

In an hour, we reached her house, a bungalow, situated in a suburb. The house looked elegant and the carvings on the statues placed in the walkway showed that the house was quite old. The house was secluded and there were only a few members in the house; Mr Benerson and her daughter, a housekeeper, a servant and an old guard. Mr Benerson's wife had passed away fifteen years before, so the girl was mostly raised by her father.

The guard took me around the whole house and showed me the rooms. I was particularly interested in the room of Mr Benerson, which seemed to be quite different from the other rooms. While inspecting the room, I discovered traces of certain chemicals, that can only be found in the house of a scientist or a chemist. I asked my client about her father's occupation and became astounded when I heard that her father was a well established businessman. Despite such scrutiny, I failed to find any clues other than the chemicals, that might help me in my case. So, I decided to check again, in case, I had missed out any important evidence. This time I studied each and every object properly, examining the paraphernalia kept in Mr. Benerson's room. While searching, I noticed that there was a painting hung on the wall, that seemed to have been moved recently. I moved the painting from its position and checked the wall there. When I knocked the wall, it went off its hinge in a second like a spring. It was nothing but a trapdoor that I had missed out in my previous inspection. Slowly, I walked on tiptoes through the trapdoor and found myself in a library. I cautiously walked ,in case, I might find anyone but surprisingly no one was there. For a moment, I wondered what I should do, but then decided to take Miss Rachel with me. My client was dumbstruck when I showed her the trapdoor and the library. When I sat on a chair there, I discovered a switch. I turned it on and immediately a door opened.