Cross bugs

"Oh this is bliss." Leslie said as we stepped out of the crowded pub.

I just tried to concentrate on how to walk straight. Since we both were drunk, with me on the verge of being called a straight scary drunkard, Leslie decided that we should take a cab. But there was no cab in sight. So, again, Leslie decided that we should walk. Or to be truthful she would walk and I would drag my body with her support.

It had been so long since I had been so drunk. I had almost reached a half century of drinks  when Leslie had finally thought that it was enough.

"We never got to celebrate you winning that deal, did we?"

"If you hadn't started that scandal, we could have been cele-brating right now, yooou....bitch." I slurred.

"Yeah. But I was in no mood to celebrate."

"Why?"

"That man you are gonna work with is a regular at the pub. He always comes. Picks a girl. And disappears. I don't like the vibes of it."

"He was there today?"

"Yes."

"I didn't see him."

"Maybe he was in one of the suites. Banging another girl."

"Hee won't lure mee." I emphasized the 'me'.

"I didn't mean that."

"What did yoou mean?"

"He is hot."

"Sooo?"

"So,"

But she was stopped mid sentence by the blinding light of an oncoming car. It stopped just inches away from us.

It resulted in Leslie losing her balance and tripping.

Unfortunately I had no balance nor control on my body which made me get dragged along with her and being landed on the ground, flat on my butt.

"What the hell are you doing walking in the middle of the road? Have you lost your minds, you jerks!!"

I cursed as I got up shakily. "Didn't you had the eyes to see what was in front if you, you.."
I stopped.

No.

Nooooo.

"Ms. Dale?"

"You know this cursed man, Kristen?" Leslie asked from behind. And when she looked at the person, she let out her trademark whistle, which meant. 'Girl. You. Are. Dead.'

And I was dead.

"Take the devils name and .." She began but I cut her in between.

"I'm sorry Mr.Drew." I said in a slurry deadpan voice.

He looked at both of us. I imagined what I looked like.

Woman? (Thankfully) Absolutely.

Psycho? From the first meeting, probably.

Moron? Sure.

Drunk? Without doubt.

I sighed.

And blanked out.

***__/\__***

"You need to know that.."

"Baby, its okay."

"But dad.."

"Listen Kristen, you need to be strong and fend for yourself, do you understand me?"