The Vet

I cried writing this, I love dogs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April stayed at Kaitlyn's until four then left to go home.

She unlocked the door, hearing small whimpers as she opened it.

The place was trashed, everything broken, the dogs..

"Jake? Nacho? Oh dear god.." She muttered, picking them both up and walking to the car and putting them in the back seat and going to the vet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Help.." April cried as she held them in her arms.

"Ma'am? What happened?" The vet asked, picking the dogs up and leading her into the room.

"I..I came home, the place was trashed, everything broken, I saw the dogs on the floor, whimpering and crying." She stuttered.

Jake howled out in pain as the vet touched his ribs, "Ribs hurting, not able to move, not biting.. Broken ribs. He has broken ribs. Jakes history has biting Everytime someone touches him, right?"

"That's..that's right." April mumbled.

"Nacho passed out, I'm going to have to have them over night." The vet said.

"Take care of them, please.." April said as tears fell down her cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phil was tied up, he fought against the robes but failed Everytime.

"Let me go!" Phil yelled, kicking the ground, letting a cry of frustration out.

"Not until she comes." The person said as he dialed April's number.

"Hello?" April mumbled.

"Hi, sweetheart, remember me?" The man growled.