Friends

Emerald meets Corina and Elize!

Friends

I woke up early in the morning, but did not get up. I just laid there for a minute, after awhile I rolled out. I quickly showered and changed into a sweater and jeans before I peeked out of the window to make sure that dad had gone, and bingo! He had. I stuffed my belongings into my messenger bag while making my way to the stairs. As I entered the kitchen I quickly went to the fridge and got some milk with a granola bar. This was usually my breakfast in Phoenix although mom was totally against it, but after a while she stopped commenting on it.

Anyway, today I had enough time to peacefully eat my breakfast, which usually is not the case, but I know that if I didn't rush out now, then I will never be able to make it school on time cauz I have to walk all the way since I have no ride (It made my mood even worse since it is already hard enough for me to walk across a flat surface, god knows what might happen with me if I have to walk to school everyday). I choked down the whole bar in quick bites while I chased it down with milk. I took my bag and went to the coat rack to get my coat since, its freezing, and that's when I noticed there was a yellow paper lying on the table along with a bunch of keys. I put on my coat and went to see what dad had wrote for me:

Emerald,

These are the keys to your new truck which is outside in the driveway. Also, there are freshman courses starting in some of the universities, they are mentioned in the brochure take a look at them and we will talk about it later.

Dad

So this is my homecoming present. Nice, but I don't know why I didn't feel as nice when I picked up the keys. Its like something was bugging me from inside. I know that dad is not good at emotional display, but this is out of the limits. He gives me a truck and tells me about it in a piece of paper, also along with it there is a note attached regarding universities. This is too much. At first I thought of going to school on foot, but then I thought of the consequences, (also due to my thinking) I had already lost a lot of time, so I picked up the keys and went outside only to find a piece of junk standing in the driveway. What the hell! Does this look like a present from any angle? Well I don't think so. What other choice do I have though, I sat in the cab and started the truck. It roared to life while making me jump in the process. Perfect I thought, but I pulled it out of the driveway on the road only to discover that its max speed limit is around fifty. This just gets better. Luckily I reached school just on time, as I got out of the cab I couldn't help but to notice the stares that I got from the rest of the students, I blushed ten shades of red immediately. Quickly, I ducked my head as I headed for the front office. In the office there was an elderly lady, her name plate read Mrs. Ross.

"Um, I am new here." I said as I approached her. Just then the front door burst open and two girls entered. The first one was short with jet black hair tied into a bun and nice clothes, in which I could make out the designer origin. The next one had wavy, glossy blond hair along with the body of a runway model. She too had designer clothes on aswell.

"Hello Mrs. Ross, I am Corina Winters and this is my sister Elize. We are new here." The short girl said as she approached the front desk. To say I was shocked was an understatement. There was no way these girls were sisters!

"Oh yes, yes. Corina, Elize meet Emerald. It's her first day too." Mrs. Ross introduced me. I blushed and looked towards them, they too looked at me with a warm and friendly smile.

"Hi, I am Elize but feel free to call me Liz." Shorty tuned towards me with a smile and excitedly extended her hand towards me, which I took.

"Em"

"But she just said that you are Emerald?" Liz asked, confused.

"Yes, my name is Emerald but I prefer Em." I explained. Just then the blond one came forward.

"Hey, I am Corina but you can call me Cori." The blond - I mean Cori - extended her hand.

"Hi Cori." I shook her hand too. This is a good start. I got new friends on my first day of school, nice.

"Here you go girls, this is the map of the school and here are the slips for you to get signed by your teachers. At the end of the day you have to submit them at my office." In our small conversation we had totally forgotten Mrs. Ross. We thanked her as we took our material and went out of the office towards our classes.

"So Em, what do you have?" Liz asked. All of us compared our schedule, we had English, Lunch, Biology and Gym together. Other than that I had French with Cori and Calculus with Liz, but they both had no other class together.

"Right now, we have English. So let's move." Cori said as we moved towards our classes.

"So Em, why did you come to Seattle?" Liz asked on the way.

"Um well, let's just says 'it's complicated'." I tried to close the subject.

"I think we can keep up." Cori said, encouraging me, but in the meantime, and to my utter relief, we reached our class. We went inside and took our seats. Just then our teacher entered our class, I breathed a sigh of relief. Liz gave me a look that said we'll – talk – about – it – later, I groaned. During the class we didn't talk, for which I was thankful to the teacher, but to my misery the class ended a bit too soon. Before leaving the class we got each of our slips signed.

"So Em, your story?" Liz asked as we went towards our next class.

"Your clothes are really nice Liz, where did you get them from?" I asked, trying to distract them.

"Thanks, these are from Paris. Now, let's get back to the topic." I groaned.

"Liz can we talk about it at lunch. Please?" I pleaded.

"Alright, but no chickening out." She warned.

"I promise," I said with a hand on my heart.

"Alright," she agreed, and we made our way towards our classes. Right now I had Art, in which none of them was with me in, so we made our way towards our respective classes. On the way I got a lot of stares from the students, especially the male population. Embarrassed, I hid my face with my hair and made my way to the class.

The rest of the day was just pretty much boring, after Art I had calculus with Liz. I asked her about her history but she told me that she will tell me about it when I will share my part. I frowned, but agreed. However, I did get some information about the Winters sisters. Apparently, they are twins but non identical.

Soon it was lunchtime and Liz was bouncing in her seat while waiting for Cori. As soon as Cori arrived they started their Spanish inquisition.

"So, your mother really accuses your father of brainwashing you?" Liz asked, a bit shocked.

"Yup, that's true." I simply replied.

We were walking to our classes after chatting our way though lunch. Liz seemed a bit shocked after listing to my history, but Cori seemed to be at ease. "Now, enough about me. Tell me something about yourself." I demanded as we reached our Biology class.

"Later," was all she said.

I am really sorry for updating after so long, but I was kinda busy with my other story. But well, here it is.

Also from now on I will be updating my stories even more, so watch out!

I also left it at this point on purpose since I wanted Elize and Corina's history to be in a separate chapter.

Guys please vote and review!!

Much Love,

Bella