Blood Promise: A promise for Future

The rest of the day was boring; it was all spent in classes. They both insisted on privacy of our conversation so right now I am driving home with Cori and Liz right behind me. I wanted to know their pasts so we decided to meet up at my house. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind and I felt immensely guilty for hiding it from them. It was such an important part of my life and I hid it from them. But it was not your fault, a voice echoed, I mean you barely know them. But somewhere in the back of my mind I had this feeling that these girls are here for a reason, so I made a promise to myself. After they are through I will tell them. I will tell them a secret from my past. Something that I wowed to forget but never could. I mean how could I? How can someone forget the incident that changed their life? And that face? Or those flames in which we were trapped for hours? The sound of gunshot? Our cries for help? I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized that I had reached my destination. Shaking my head to clear it all, I stepped out. Both of them were already out and about.

"Seriously Em, exactly how much is its top speed?" Cori asked.

"I have no idea."

"Huh?"

"I just got it today." They looked confused. "It's my homecoming present." I mumbled hoping they wouldn't catch. But from the shock on their faces, I think they heard it.

"Homecoming present?" Cori yelled. "How in the hell is this piece of junk a homecoming present?" she asked angrily.

"Why not ask my father?" I snapped. As if it was a bad day already, she was just making it more miserable.

"Sorry, it's just Cori's obsessed with cars." Liz said, stepping in.

"It's alright. I've just had a crappy day that's all."

"I don't know about you guys but I am not planning on standing here for the rest of the day." Liz said, trying to divert attention.

"Yeah, sorry. Let's go inside." I said as I opened the front door and ushered them in.

"Nice house." Liz commented in a positive voice.

"Yea, cozy." Cori said in somewhat sarcastic voice which for some reason made me smile.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked on my way to the kitchen.

"Water would be fine." Liz said with a smile.

"Ditto." Cori said, looking around. After a cup of water and some roaming here and there we were settled on the couches.

"Well, there's not much to tell. Cori and I are sisters, which you already know. When we were small, our parents used to love us" Liz started with a lost, dreamy expression. "Then their business sudenly skyrocketed and we lost our parents to work. More than our mothers, we have seen the faces our nannies. Until the age of ten we had a different nanny each week until…"

"Until Gloria and Margaret came." Cori picked. "They were sisters, fresh from Mexico, in search of a job. They were hired almost immediately. From then onwards until now they are with us."

"We are really blessed to find such great mother - nannies." Liz continued. "Anyway, so our parents are really strict. They want us to be these high class glam dolls. We came here in Seattle in order to increase our popularity. Even though Seattle in a really small place, it still has a potential of becoming an industrial hub, so our parents decided of setting up a factory in order to start the chain. We go to the school in order to make our parents more famous and known." Liz must've noticed my expression cauz she broke off and said "Pathetic, no?" with a small, sad smile.