Prologue

January 27th 2016

The streets are tranquil as the snow falls gently, blanketing the normally bustling area with white. The flakes are still fresh underfoot as Jongin walks calmly along the road, breath clouding infront of his face. Shivering a little under the force of the winter cold he props his umbrella inbetween his arm and chest and adjusts his scarf before continuing on his way. The crunch of the snow condensing underneath him is oddly satisfying so he makes sure to listen out for every contact, absorbed in his own little world time seems to speed past him and before he knew it he had reached the apartment building.

The door was always stiff in the winter months  but it seemed especially so today, as if it wanted to stop him from seeing something. Finally prying the door open Jongin calmly wiped his wet feet on the mat infront of the door, so too not leave footprints on the floor that could cause an accident. He then closed his umbrella and placed it in the umbrella stand that was put there for those who actually carried umbrellas, not many did but it was nice for the option to be there. Breathing in and shaking off Jongin steps out into the foyer of the building, heading toward the staircase that was positioned at the edge of the room. It was on days like these that Jongin was genuinely happy for the floor to ceiling windows that surrounded the staircases that lead to the appartment that he shared with Kyungsoo. Speaking of the elder male, he had been very wierd recently, almost treating Jongin differently, like he was precious and the constant sorry look in the elder's eyes was starting to creep Jongin out.

When Jongin got to the door of the apartment he was instantly hit with a wave of concern and uneasiness, usually you could hear music playing from Kyungsoo's stereo as, at this time, the aforementioned boy was cooking dinner for the two of them. But on that day the apartment was silent, not even a faint sound coming from the door. Cautiously Jongin put his key in the lock and turned it, the click indictating that this was indeed the correct apartment, opening the door slowly as if to not alarm someone of his prescence. Creeping through the now open door and closing it behind him, as quietly as possible he looked around the hall and was surprised to see Kyungsoo's shoes and coat as usually if there was no sound emmiting from the apartment it was because Kyungsoo was out. Then again there would've been a note on the front door from him telling Jongin where he had gone, when he'd be back and not to worry. Then the smell hit him.