The Truth comes out

Alice's POV

I didn't know what to do. All I saw was him running and I couldn't stop him,so I just decided that I'll talk to him tomorrow and went to bed.

******* The Next Day

I woke up and got ready to do whatever and then just relaxed for a few hours and did some home work. Then decided to go and talk to Luke.

I was in the lobbie and I asked to see if I could go and see the Ross's. The doorman asked me for my name and he called them throught this speaker thing and they said I could come up. So I went up and saw Jessie and said "Hello," I said "Hello" back of course and asked to see Luke

I headed up the elevator and I saw Jessie. I asked if Luke was home. She said, "Yes of course and he's up in his room."

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door and herd a light "Come In", so I walked in and saw him laying on his side on his bed. He turned around and said "Oh it's you" So, I responded "Okay,whats wrong?" "Nothing.", he said, "but I hope you know something you lied to me right."

"What do you mean how did I lie to you?"

"About where you lived and I'm guessing your parents too."

"I didn't mean for you to find out that way last night."

"Well I did, what are you gonna do about it?"

"There's nothing I can do, but I'm sorry"

"Don't sorry for me, that's it, it's over or whatever we had, just leave!"

So I just did and Jessie stopped me before I left and asked what happened. I just told her that he really didn't wanna talk.

I just walked for hours thinking to myself he didn't even give me a chance to explain why I was living there or why I didn't tell him, so I just let it be and went to sleep.

********The Next Morning

Luke's POV

I woke up and went walking downstairs and Jessie asked what happened with Alice. I just said "Nothing" And she said "Haha yeah right, what you do?" and I said, "Nothing, she lied to me about where she lived and her parents."

Jessie said " why would she lie and did you even give her a chance to explain herself because she left pretty quickly."

"No I didn't I just told her to leave and we were over"

"You should be the good guy and apologize and let her explain"

"I will."

So I walked the way I followed her a few nights ago and ended up at the same house. I knocked at the door and she answered and I asked if we could talk.

She let me walk in, I really didn't think she would answer or even let me in. So I apologized and said "I should have let you explain."

"It's alright I understand.", Alice said softly

"So what did happen?", I said

She told me that she was abused as a child and was still abused until a few months ago when she ran away. When she got to the end she started to tear up and said "I've run away before, but he found me and I don't want to be found this time."

I had no idea on what to say at this point so, I just gave her a hug and held her.

Alice's POV

I felt Luke holding me and I felt safe. He started to move his hands up and down my back as my spine became cold for a few seconds and heated back up again.

I herd Luke saying "Shhhhhh! everything's going to be alright he's not gona find you if I'm here."

As his hand was still moving up and down on my back his hand stoped right at the top, where I had a scar from when I was cut a few months ago before I left, right after he found me.

He stood up and I followed. He said for me to turn around, and I did. I could just feel the stair that he's giving looking at that scar on my back.

He asked me what it was from and I said nothing and he said, "that's not nothing thats a scar on your back."

So I told him, "after he found me he had a knife and cut me all over the place so that I didn't run away again."

Luke's POV

I had no idea how to help her at all, but after she told me about what happened with that scar I realized I needed to help her because if he found her I couldn't imagine what he would do to her next.

So I decided to ask Jessie if she could stay with us before I told her about her story. Jessie said she would be fine with it for a few days.

Then I asked her if she could stay permanently like for a year or something, she asked "WHY?" curiously, but I told her I couldn't tell her yet, and she said "for whatever reason It's not up to me it's up to her parents."

So I decided to ask Alice if I could tell Jessie what happened to her and she said, "okay just don't tell your brother or sister's or anyone at school."

That night I told Jessie she was very shocked, and she told me my parents would be here in a few days and to ask them then.

Alice was staying the night, so I let her stay in my room since there wasn't anyplace else. I was gonna sleep on the couch in my room a few feet away from my bed to keep Alice safe.