Ch. 1 "Just Like You"

A/N: You hear that guys?
It's the beautiful sound of an X-men OC being born!

So this is a little X-men: First Class OC I thought up. I know I still have other stories to work on, so this one is going to be very short (probably about 10 chapters). However, I still hope you enjoy reading about this OC as much as I enjoyed writing her story.

Okay, let's get to it then.

The white chalk screeched against the board as the teacher quickly wrote down the equation before turning around towards the class. Bored faces stared back at her, some with their faces in their palm and a few in the back had their heads on their desks, fast asleep. The teacher sighed. Of course the students would be bored. She was teaching them Algebra after all. "Can anyone tell me the solution to this equation?" She asked, turning her head to glance around the room. No one responded. "Anyone?" She asked again, before crossing her ankles and leaning against her desk. She swore crickets chirped in the background.

Slowly a hand drifted up into the air, followed by an unsure, "Ms. Watson?"

"Yes, Joseph," Ms. Watson responded joyfully, standing up from her perch on the desk.

"Don't we get out soon?" The student asked. The young teacher let out an annoyed breath. She was naïve to expect an answer. Before she could respond to the young student, the shrill cry of the bell was heard and the teens quickly clamored out of their desks and out the door.

The young woman was left talking to air. She pouted her peach colored lips before turning around to shuffle the pile of papers on her desk. "What a great way to spend the weekend Lei," she fussed, shifting her fingers through the stack of tests she would need to grade over the weekend.

The teacher craned her neck when she heard the familiar click of her door being closed. Two men stood behind her. One had a boyish grin on his face and was staring at her like she was the most intriguing thing on the earth, while the other was analyzing the room with his lips set in a firm line and an annoyed look in his eyes. He didn't look as excited to be there as the other man and seemed to be in some sort of rush.

"May I help you?" She asked politely. Her pencil skirt hung tightly around her hips as she leaned onto the edge of her desk. Her slender eyebrows knitted together in confusion. What were these men doing here? They were clearly too young to be parents, and too old to be students.

The shorter one gave her a polite smile. "I think you can," he said charmingly, his voice thick in a British accent. "See, we're just like you..." he drawled.

Lei folded her arms. "And how, sir, are you 'just like me'?" She questioned, her black heels clicking against the tile floor as she stood up from her desk.

The Englishmen's mouth curled up into a smile before he turned to the man behind him. "Show her." The man who had been surveying the place nodded before slowly lifting his hand towards Lei.

She stared oddly at the man, not expecting anything to happen until the metal lamp on her desk slowly rose into the air.

Lei's almond eyes widened in surprise.

The Englishmen smiled and pressed two fingers to his temple. "Believe us now?" he asked, his voice ringing in her mind.

Her jaw dropped in astonishment. The man who had lifted the lamp let out a low chuckle and Lei's mouth quickly clamped shut. Her dark fringe whipped in front of her eyes as she nodded vehemently back at the two strangers.

"They're gifted, just like me, with powers I didn't even know existed," she thought, placing her hand to her forehead and falling back onto her desk. Her breathing came out short as she tried to maul over the new information.

"I know that it's a lot to process," the telepath said aloud, reading her thoughts. "But there are many out there. Mutants with unbelievable gifts that they can't even comprehend. Erik and I," he said, motioning toward the man behind him quickly before looking back at Lei. "We want to find those mutants and help them with their abilities before it's too late." His lips quirked up into a smile. "How would you like to join us?" He asked.

Lei looked up from her desk. The telepath stared down at her, his blue eyes boring innocently into her brown ones. The young woman thought for a moment, her eyes drifting from the young man to the man he'd called Erik as she weighed her options.

Stay here and teach a class that no one, not even herself, had any interest in, or go find people like her and help them find a better path.

The telepath's questioning expression lit up. "I think you already know my answer," she observed.

The man smiled. "Charles Xavier," he declared before thrusting a hand forward. "It's a pleasure to have you aboard."

A sly smirk drifted across her face. "Lei Watson, but I'm sure you already knew that," she retorted, shaking his hand.

A/N: Alright! First chapter is up! Woot woot! So, anyone have any suggestions for Lei's X-men name?