2. licking flames and big brothers.

(Sober by Childish Gambino) Quick warning that there will be a lot of drug use and sex in this book as well as cursing, don't act surprised. (It's the last ----- in case you wanna skip it.)

|2.| licking flames and big brothers.

Mom had to work.

And due to me not serving my detention with Mr. Anderson, he'd doubled it, now I had to stay after a few days and if I didn't, he'd be forced to call my mother. Call her and stress her out over me? No thanks, I'd rather have lit myself of fire. So obliging with the rules, I served my two days and standing outside the school at four p.m. I thought about my plans for the night, wasn't anything new: go home, get high, fuck someone and go to sleep.

Only thing different about that day was the fact that I didn't have to ride the bus home and I was regretting it every second as Oliver pulled up to the side of the school in mom's old car. He'd been receiving steady income from his modeling job that he was able to buy it off of Mom and fix it up, trading in his old Jeep. My better brother was doing so well with his life and I rolled my eyes as he honked at me.

"Detention? Again?" His voice was disappointed as he pulled out of the car lot and I leant back in the bench seat, the leather pulling me in and encasing me in the newly functioning air-conditioning. It was a hot day and my shirt was sticking to my skin much like my balls were to the side of my fucking leg, I was sweating.

Pulling the lighter out of my pocket, I readjusted in my pants before grabbing for the cig I'd placed behind my ear. Shielding the running AC from the flame, I'd attempted to light my stress reliever, sucking in once the job was done and leaving my arm to hang out the open window.

Clicking off the AC when I'd opened the window, my nagging brother muttered under his breath incomprehensibly. Something about wasting gas or whatever the fuck.

"Whatever, Oliver." I'd drawled out, eyes unfocused on the houses we passed. He was taking the long-route home, rejecting the five minute drive and settling for fifteen. I knew it was another one of his techniques to get me to open up possibly and tell him about my shitty life. Bringing my hand back to my face, I sucked in another drag before letting the smoke settle and releasing a cloud. Flicking the ashes in the built-in ash-tray, I smirked at Oliver's face.

He was looking at me as if he were trying to dissect my 'ludicrous' actions, quite hypocritical if you ask me. Pushing a hand through my hair, the dark strands fell back to settle with the rest and I sighed. "Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?" Ignoring his question, I sunk further into the seat and focused my eyes on the road, so close to home. "Put that shit out, since when do you smoke cigarettes?"

"Since I felt like it." Dragging in again, I smirked, blowing towards Oliver and watching him wave the smoke out of his face. He could quit all he wanted but he had no business telling me to as well. "You did it too, quit acting all perfect and shit now that you're fixed." He'd already killed his lungs, one more cloud wouldn't hurt him.

"That isn't good for you." And that was rich coming from him, "All the shit it could cause, all the health problems, Eli."

Rolling my eyes, I sat back, cigarettes were bad for my lungs but with my health problems, it was worse for me. "Isn't good for anyone. But..." I didn't care, why did he? Oh right. "You didn't care about that until you got involved with her."

Ever since he'd gotten serious about that girl, he'd changed and I mean, yeah, it was a beneficial change for him but... we were screwed, that's how it worked, the whole fucking family had problems and then all of a sudden Oliver's better than us, better than me. Now I was the fuck up, all on my own and that shit kind of stung.