Chapter 28: Ignorance

Demi's P.O.V

"Aimee hold my hand please." I told her as soon as I closed the car door. Aimee held onto my hand as she looked up at me excitedly.

"Can we really watch your old movies mummy?" She asked me. I nodded my head at her. I'd reserved Camp Rock and Princess Protection Programme for me and Aimee to watch seeing as that was Aimee's kind of thing. Paparazzi came running towards us with their cameras a minute later. I ignored them until they started verbally attacking Aimee for no reason.

Aimee. Why are you so rude to people?

Demi why did you let your daughter sing such a rude song then post it online for everyone to see?

Aimee why are you such a freak?

I was about to turn around but Aimee said something before I could respond to him.

"Because being normal is boring." She replied before she stuck her tongue out

I stifled a laugh as I turned to continue walking. The dude who asked Aimee that question grabbed me before he said anything.

"Are you really going to let your freak of a daughter talk to me like that?" He asked me.

"Do you really think the word freak is an insult?" Aimee asked him. "Because I think being a freak is awesome and I wouldn't want to be anyone else. I think being normal and having an ignorant mind like yours is more worrying. You don't need to be scared of me." She continued.

"What do you mean?" He asked her confused.

"People are only ignorant because they don't understand and they are scared of people who are different. I know I'm awesome and everything but you don't have to be scared of me, I don't bite unless you take my pizza away from me and then we have a problem." Aimee said.

The man looked even more confused at Aimee. "I'm not scared of a crazy child like you." He replied to Aimee. Aimee shrugged her shoulders.

"I'd rather be crazy then an ignorant arsehole like you." She responded as she tugged on my arm. I chuckled quietly as me and Aimee made our way to the entrance of the store to get the DVD's.

Aimee skipped beside me as we went to pay for the DVD's. She was holding a box of microwave popcorn in her other hand

"You excited Aimee?" I asked as I got into the line.

"Yes. Thank you mummy." Aimee replied as she jumped up and down excitedly. She started chewing on her chew that was around her neck a second later to calm herself down from her excitement.

The lady in front of us turned around and glared at her before turning towards me.

"Can't you take that thing out of your child's mouth. It's annoying and normal kids don't chew on whatever your child is chewing on!" She complained a second later.

"Can't you take your irrelevant opinion somewhere else? If my daughter wants to chew on her sensory chew she can. If you have a problem with that then shut up and keep your unwanted opinion to yourself."

"Your child shouldn't be allowed to breathe if she's such a freak. I'll state my opinion if I want to." She replied to me

"Okay then I'll state mine. Take your ignorant mind and your opinion and shove it up your arse. My daughter has as much right to be out in society as you do and I would worry more about your ignorant mind then what my daughter is doing."

The woman continued to glare at me before she tried to get security involved

"Excuse me but some people shouldn't be allowed in this shop if they are going to be rude." She told them.

"I agree." The security guard said. "So get out of my shop this minute and don't ever come back." He continued as he came towards us. He escorted her towards the exit before the woman was able to say anything.

I paid for my DVD's and went out the shop. Me and Aimee got into the car as my phone beeped. I unlocked it and noticed I had some Twitter notifications

@JessicaLouise: Just saw Demi and her daughter at the store near my house! I recorded the talk she had with another woman! Watch. #Mummabear #Aimee #Dontmesswithdemi

In a few seconds the video had been watched and re tweeted millions of times. I laughed at some of the responses before I placed my phone in my bag, started the car and pulled out the car park. 

As soon as we reached the drive of Sebs and David's house I turned around and snapped a photo of Aimee with the DVD's.

@ddlovato: Me and my little princess are just about to watch some of my old movies. Which one of my movies is your favourite?

I pressed send before I got out of the car and helped Aimee out. We went into the house and set everything up before  we sat down and watched the movies together.

Authors note:

So Aimee was quite sassy in this chapter. More sass or less sass?

Also Mackenzie's friend that was mentioned a while back will be making an appearance. How do you think Alex is going to react.

They WILL NOT be dating yet as Mac is only thirteen. But maybe he should ask her to the school dance? Thoughts? (And then Alex could be all protective and dad like towards him.)

Also there are going to be some cute moments between Aimee and Elizabeth and Sassy moments between Demi and her mum. (You or at least some of you guys said you liked her being in the story so...)

And I'm giving out WAY too many spoilers 😂

Also what do you guys think about the way Demi reacted to that woman *cough or bitch *cough*?

So anyway don't forget to vote and comment and I'll update soon.

Love you guys ❤️