Chapter Two

Instead of allowing my worries to get to me, I let the thoughts of the other girls, as well as Fiona, go and continued getting myself settled in. I was actually afraid to touch anything. One wrong move and I could be on everyone's bad side. Every item in the room looks like it has not been touched in who knows how long. It was as though the room were on display as an antique for hundreds of decades. How many girls who are like myself do they take in? 

As my mind began to wonder again, there was suddenly a knock at the door. My heart fluttered. Do not let it be Fiona. Please, not yet. Not yet, not yet, not yet...

I opened the door, and to my surprise, it was not Fiona. It was not even a female. The tall man startled me at first, but then I realized this must be...what was his name? Spalding? He appeared very untrimmed and he did not look like he would be allowed to work here. I wonder what his backstory is.

I welcomed him in without saying a word and he made his way over to my bed, laying my bags across the foot of it. He gave a slight bow and silently walked out of the room. Strange. He did not say a word to me.

Carefully closing the door, I made my way over to my belongings. I started with the large black suitcase first and took my shirts and jeans out of it. The longer I looked at my clothes, the more self-conscious I felt about them. I was definitely an outcast. I walked over to the closet and hoped I could find some hangers. As if my prayers were answered, a row of cream hangers hung in a neat row on the metal bar. I went back and fourth, hanging my pants up and folding my shirts away in the white dresser.

The more black and white I saw, the more I wish this place had color. Was it always going to be this dull?

As I folded the last of my shirts and put them away, my door slammed open and a tall, skinny girl made her way to me. Model status. What could she possibly want with me?

"Well, well, what do we have here. A new witch? What's your name, newbie?"

The girl looked no older than seventeen. She had shoulder length dirty-blonde hair and an attitude similar to that of a stuck-up movie star.

I took a big gulp and answered her.

"Weslynn. M-my name is Weslynn."

The girl made a complete three hundred and sixty degree turn and smirked.

"God, your room is just as boring as the last. Don't you have some decorations to put up in here?"

I frantically darted my eyes around the perimeter and felt helpless. Who are you to make me feel uncomfortable on my first day here? I hope she cannot read minds like I can.

"No, I don't. At least not yet. I just got here if you haven't noticed and you're distracting me from finishing. So, if you could so kindly leave, that would be wonderful."

I stood my ground until the blonde witch sashayed her way out, making sure she slammed my door shut the same way she opened it. I wanted nothing more to do with her and she made it very clear she wanted nothing more to do with me. Mean girl who already hates you on the first day, check. This was going to be Hell on Earth.

After some time of decorating and refurnishing, my room finally started to claim some character to it. All of my clothes were neatly put away and my books, along with my radio, were placed on the black and white trimmed bookshelf. I gave a slight smile and gently sat down on the soft sheets of the bed. My thoughts began to drift back to Fiona. I could not stop thinking about the Supreme.

What was she like? Was she easy to get along with? Did she have a good personality? All of these thoughts were invading my brain and they would not go away. I could not stop thinking about her and it was starting to freak me out! I did not know why I could not keep my mind off of her, but something about her seemed so mysterious. This is most likely because I have not even met her yet! Where was she?

There was another knock at my door, and I swore that if it was that witch bitch I met earlier, I would take it up with Fiona herself. That is, whenever she finally made her appearance. I slowly made my way to the door and cracked it open.

Cordelia stood there twisting the ring on her pointer finger around nervously.

"Weslynn, I hope I did not wake you or disturb you from your personal time," she started with her voice trailing off. Cordelia gave me a sympathetic look, and her finishing statement left me frozen.

"But, Fiona's here and she would like to meet you."

Fiona. Fiona is here.

"Uh, okay, yeah! I'll be right down."

I closed the door and sprinted to my dresser in search of my hairbrush. I quickly combed out the knots and checked myself in the mirror. Ugh, maybe I should change? No, I do not have time for that, come on!

Making my way downstairs as calmly as I could, I inhaled a lungful of air and wiggled my fingers up and down. Please let her like me.

I followed Cordelia into the wide living room and saw another blonde woman sitting on one of the white sofas. Before Cordelia could introduce me, the Supreme started herself.

"Weslynn, come here. I want to get a good look at you."

I made my way to the front of her and my heart skipped a beat. She was beautiful. Gorgeous. Her dress was all black with a lace detailing at the neck, her Jimmy Choo heels probably costed more than my entire wardrobe combined, and her perfectly red manicured fingers held a cigarette between them. I could not look away.

"So, this is our newest member? I hope you're ready for what comes at you. Not everyone can handle a thing like this."

Cordelia lightly put her right hand on my left shoulder in an attempt to nurture me and gave Fiona a slight scoff.

"Mother, please be nice. She just got here and I do not want her scared for her life already."

Fiona took a long drag from her cigarette and huffed. Fiona even made smoking look elegant. After standing up, she smoothed down the front of her dress and made her way towards Cordelia and I.

Fiona's piercing brown eyes struck Cordelia's soft brown eyes (a trait Cordelia must have acquired from her mother) first until she shifted over to my blue-grey eyes. Fiona held eye contact with me for what seemed like an eternity before finally breaking away her gaze.

"Then she has a lot to learn."

With that, she waved her hand, stated that we were "dismissed," and walked to the kitchen. I stood there speechless and it felt like I was incapable of moving my putty-like legs. Fiona does not like me, I know that already. The tears began to fall, one by one.

Cordelia made her way closer to me and wrapped me up in a tight hug.

"Oh, there is no need to worry about her, Weslynn. She just needs to get to know you."

We both stood there in each other's arms until she broke away and I somberly went back upstairs, wiping away my tears with the back of my hand.