24 --- boys are stupid (f. weasley)

enjoy :) also someone tell me not to spend $400 for a harry styles tour because im terrified of myself right now.
word count: 1123

✧✧✧

          Sometimes you regreted your decision to move in with the Weasleys. They were a wonderful family, no doubt, especially for taking you in after your Muggle parents kicked you out. Your parents were very religious, so finding out that you were attending Hogwarts instead of the boarding school you were lying about was quite a shock. George was one of your closest friends, so when he found out, he convinced Arthur and Molly to let you share Ginny's room when you were away from Hogwarts.

          You had felt bad at first, for giving them another kid to take care of, but the Weasleys we  re nothing but kind. Living with them was great, except when you had to deal with Fred's shenanigans. You were never really friends with him like you were with George, partially because he was a little too energetic to deal with, but also because you realized that you were attracted to that part of him. George was the friend that you read books or played chess with, being with him was like enjoying a beach sunset. But all your interactions with Fred was when he was teasing you or when you'd make fun of him. He was like fire, and you didn't want to find out what would happen if you got too close.

          But now that you were living in the same house, avoiding him was impossible. You, Harry, and Hermione were staying over for Holiday break, so you tried to busy yourself with chores around the house to avoid seeing Fred, as he claimed that he was allergic to house work. That worked out easily enough for a while until Fred and George walked into the kitchen as you were peeling potatoes with Molly.

          "Hey, wanna play a game with us? The kiddies are waiting upstairs." Fred asked, sidestepping your hand as you tried to run your dirty hands on his shoulder. You were going to say no but Molly answered for you.

          "That's a lovely idea! (y/n), I think you need a break, you've done enough already."

          You opened your mouth to argue, but you instead yelped as Fred grabbed you and tossed you over his shoulder. You tried not to show the surprise on your face when you saw his bicep flex with strain. You didn't know if he'd always been that muscular, but you didn't mind the view.

          By the time Fred walked up every set of stairs, all the blood had rushed to your head. He set you down and opened the door to his room, giving you a very deep and very dramatic bow. You responded with a light smack on his shoulder.

          Hermione, Ginny, Ron and Harry were already lounging comfortably on the twins' beds, so you stretched out on the floor by their window. Fred and George took a seat on either side of you.

          Fred grinned wickedly and pulled a bottle from under his messy bed. You glared at him. "If you're suggesting we play Spin the Bottle, I'm leaving. I did not come here to throw up."

          "Relax, mum, we're playing Truth or Dare," Fred shot back, shuddering at the implication of your words.

          You rolled your eyes but sighed in relief. You were worried about his sanity for a second there. Not that you actually thought he was sane. Fred spun the bottle and it landed in front of Hermione. He grinned with maniacal glee.

          "Truth or dare, 'Mione?"

          "Truth."

          "Bah, you square, fine. What was. . .the worst thing you said to someone? And drop the name for good measure."

          Hermione lowered her head in thought before laughing and saying, "I called Lavender an attention seeking whore. I do regret it now though."

          At everyone's confused look, Hermione shrugged and said, "She's not that bad. She's actually really nice."

          "What a surprise. It seemed like only yesterday you wanted to strangle her," Ron teased.

          Hermione just rolled her eyes and spun the bottle. Unfortunately, it landed on you. Hermione may not have been as much of a prankster as the twins, but she could be pretty crafty when she wanted to be.

"Truth or dare?"

You pursed your lips for a second. "Dare." Why the hell not.

Hermione's eyes lit up with a fire and you instantly regretted your choice.

"Give," she glanced at Fred next to you, "your crush a kiss when you see them."

You could have sworn that your face was about to pop off. Everything was cold and hot at the same time. You seemed to have a staring contest with her before you sighed in resignation.

The boys looked at you two curiously but you just shook your heads. They couldn't seem to figure out the silent conversation you were having. Ginny understood though, and she was shaking her head in amusement.

"Fine." You didn't even look at anyone, but if you had, you would have seen the look on Fred's face. "It'll have to wait though."

And the game continued.

Many laughs and fits of anger were shared for the next half hour before everyone decided to go down for lunch.

All except for one person.

Fred sat with you in silence for a minute as you contemplated Hermione's question from earlier. You weren't sure if you were ready for it, to be honest.

"So. Who are you kissing? Wait, let me guess. Is it Cedric? He seems like the guy you'd want."

You looked at him with so much confusion. "And why the sudden interest in my love life?"

Fred shrugged and said, "I gotta know which git I have to prank. Already got a few plans in minds for Diggory."

"It's not Cedric! And it's none of your business, thank you kindly," you sighed out in exasperation. But maybe Fred wanted the same thing as you? But Fred stood up, brushing himself off.

"I don't really care, just wanted to take care of you. I know you and George are closer, but you're like my little sister." Your heart just about broke. The serious look on Fred's face made it obvious that he was being honest.

You swallowed the lump in your throat. " Little sister? We're the same age."

Fred laughed and walked over to the door to join the others. "I'm still taller though. See ya downstairs, stinky."

You fought down tears as he shut the door behind him. Maybe you weren't as smart as you thought. Fred was stupid. All boys were stupid. Love was stupid.

You took a deep breaths and tried not to let any of your emotions show. Everything would be fine.