chapter 14

"Liam has been gone longer than usual. What's taking so long" I wonder.  The boys shrug. Liam comes in wearing a new jacket and tosses the food to me wordlessly. What the hell? He motions for the boys to follow him and simply says "concert." I nod and expect a kiss or a hug.  But that doesn't come. What did I do? I can't think of anything. Maybe I should call him. No, that, might anger him more. I stay up wondering until I hear the door unlock. I flop down in bed and squeeze my eyes shut. I open them just in time to see Liam take off the jacket. I nearly gasp.

New cuts lay on his wrist. I remind myself to ask him about it tomorrow and fall asleep. The next morning Liam is wearing a long sleeve. I race over and pull up his sleeve. Tears tumble down my cheeks "Why?" He stares at me for a moment. "Rose, there's a lot going on that I hide from you. We get hate. They tell me to leave you and never speak with you. They tell me horrid things. I just can't anymore" he takes a shaky breath. "Can't what" I have a feeling I know the answer.

"Live, Rose, I can't live like this anymore" tears stream down his face. "So what's the point of us" I cry. He goes to say something but I interrupt him. "What's the point of having our child if you won't be there for it?! No, Liam, I'm done. We're done" I go to my bag. Luckily, I have enough money for a one way ticket home. "Rose, don't do this. You know I love you. Please stay" he cries. I shake my head and leave the room, my bag in hand. What was this? Why couldn't we just be a normal couple? I wait for the flight to be called.

"Rose! Wait" I hear Niall yell. No, I will not look back. I don't look back but Niall speaks. "Liam can't do this without you. He loves you" at those words I spin around. "He loves me? Why was he trying to leave me alone with our baby? He knows I won't make it without him. He knows that and doesn't seem to care! I will not be with him when he leaves because then I will end up orphaning my child to be with him! I am utterly done" tears are coming faster now. Before Niall can respond, my flight is called. I am so thankful for that.

I leave. Once again I run away from it all. I can already hear Kenzington He got what he wanted, you were just a faze. I can see her smirk as she got what she wanted, to prove that I'm just a faze. On the plane I sob uncontrollably. I turn on the radio and hear an interviewer's voice "How's that girlfriend, Liam." I turn it off. I will not listen to it. But I want to, desperately. I get a link from Marie. I click on it and hear Liam's voice. It's dull and lifeless as he says "I don't know. We fought and I think we're done. I miss her already and excuse me." He must've ran off.

Then it goes silent. The voice had ended and replayed. I cried and listened to it the whole way back. We were done, I can't be with someone who tries to leave me alone in this world with our child. I get to the airport and find a cab to take me to Marie's house. My parents basically kicked me out after I got pregnant so that was the only place to go.

I knock on the door. I am sure I look pathetic. I'm standing on my best friends porch crying at three in the morning. My cheeks are probably red and my eyes are burning. I pound on her door when she doesn't answer. "Hello, Oh my god! Rose what's wrong" Marie asks, pulling me inside. I get a glass of tea to sooth my sore throat and begin to tell her everything.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry" she hugs me. I hug her back and we go to her room to watch a marathon of The Walking Dead. "I'm glad you're always here for me" I whisper. My voice is hoarse from my obsessive crying . "What are sisters for" she says softly, giving me a hug. I still find it so unreal that Liam and I aren't together. It almost seems like a dream, a very realistic dream.