Chim- Don't Speak Chapter 11-12

Chapter 11 Kim's POV

    A long silence fills the room, while we try to compose ourselves. We have just spent the past 10 minutes crying.

   "I'm sorry Kimba" Sarah syas eyes glistening form the tears.

   "Me too" Nicola adds.

    A wave of relief washes over me as i now have 2 of my 3 lost friends back.

   "We've missed you too" Nic lets out  as the pair rush to engulf me in a hug. As soon as I feel their arms around me we all begin to cry again.

   "What did I miss?" asks a confused Nadine as she enters. "Whats wrong?" The amount of tears quickly turns her confusion to worry.

   "Nothing Nads these are happy tears." Sarah says as her and Nicola release me to embrace Nadine.

   "Alright ladies lets get started" Hilary exclaims as soon as she enters.

    Out of habit Nadine takes her seat next to me , Nic and Sarah sit opposite of us leaving a space between them for Cheryl. Realizing how quickly we went back to the way things were, Nicola mouths an apology but can do nothing more as Hilary begins.

   "Where's Cheryl?"

    Three of us shrug our shoulders.

   "She'll be here any minute" Nadine answers knowingly.

   "Well lets begin. You can fill her in later on what she missed" Hilary sighs.

    A quick look around the table and I know none of us will be able to tell Cheryl anything. Sarah takes to texting right away, Nadine is over interested in her nails, Nicola also reaches for her phone. I'm all too happy to have my friends back. I look around the table once more, my eyes begin to well up again as I think about the lost time with my girls, everything is almost perfect.

   "Sorry I'm late girls" Chery/ says as she enters and quickly takes her place between Nicola and Sarah. Hilary simply nods and continues.

    I immediately notice something diffrent about her today. Even though I see traces of tears, I see those dimples. She's smiling, she actually looks happy. I'm happy because she's happy. I stare at the side of her face while her attention is on Hilary. She turns her head to look at me as I turn to look at Hilary, hoping she didn't just catch me.

    I'm too nervous to look in her direction again. My phone vibrates in my lap. I look down, its a text from Cheryl <<<didn't i always tell you, its rude to stare xxx >>> I've been busted. I nod in agreement while I still look at my phone, I know she is still watching me. Its my first text from her in a long time so I read it again, then I notice it. Kisses. Did she mean to put those there? Its probably no big deal but they are the first kisses I've recieved from her in weeks. They're not even real kisses but I feel my cheeks flush. I look up smiling broadly and I'm met with a matching smile. She takes my breath aways, I let out an audible gasp. Embarassed by my outburst I return my gaze to my lap.

   "For goodness sake is anybody listening?" Hilary says slightly frustrated. No one answers. "I guess not. Lets just cut this short, it seems no one wants to be here. Next week I want you girls back in here and focused." With that she gathers her paperwork and leaves.

    When I think my cheeks have returned to normal and my breathing steadied, I get the courage to look back in her direction. She's gone. I look towards the door in time to see Nadine grab Cheryl's arm to prevent her exit. They try to whisper but from where I sit I can still here some of the conversation.

   "Chez you promised" Nadine says.

   "I know Nads. Just not right now."

   "Now is the perfect time." Nadine's voice filled with desperation. "Everybody saw what happened between you two a few minutes ago. You can't tell me that meant nothing. So why not now?

   "I know but its just... I need to go." Her voice and eyes pleading with Nadine.

   "Where could you possibly need to go after that?"

   "Somewhere to think."

    Nadine reluctantly releases her arm and Cheryl gives her a quick hug before exiting.

   "Where's speedy Tweedy off to?" Sarah questions.

   "I don't know, somewhere to think." Nadine answers sadly.

   "Well thats Cheryl for you. She's been telling me and Nic the same thing for weeks. We still have no clue where she goes."

    Nicola, Sarah and Nadine stand confused. I'm not. I know exactly where she's going. Within moments I hug all the girls goodbye and rush off to where I hope Cheryl will be.

Chapter 12 Kim's POV

    I arrive at the park half hour after leaving the other girls. I'm still quite a distance away when I see her sitting in my spot, well her spot really, with her back facing me. I approach slowly and quietly then stop nearby just to watch her for a moment. Her body tenses up momentarily, then relaxes. She knows I'm here. What do I do? What do I say? Does she want to see me? I wonder if she asked herself the same questions when she was watching me. Yes, I figured it all out yesterday when I felt her emotions, Sarah's statement back at the office confirmed it all those days I sat and hoped she would come, she did. I knew I felt her.

   "Its rude to stare" she says while still facing away. Busted again. I take this as a sign to join her.

   "Feels good to sit in my favorite spot again" she says as I sit down. She still doesn't turn to the side to look at me.

   "Sorry, its my favorite too. I just missed you so much, it made me feel closer to you."

   "It can be our spot now... I missed you too."

   "Yeah so much so that you began to practice stalking" I let out a chuckle.

   "You knew I was here the whole time?" She asks slightly embarassed.

   "I always suspected you were but I didn't know for sure until yesterday"

   "It didn't freak you out?"

   "No, it was adorable. My little angel watching over me."

   "Anytime babe,  I will always be your angel."

    Our first comfortable silence in awhile lingers as we're both lost in thoughts. Its a beautiful moment but so much is unsaid.

   "Cheryl I'm so..." I stop mid-sentence as I feel her hand find my own in my lap and she interlaces our fingers and turns to look me in the eye.

   "No more apologies Kimba. We're here. We're all that matters."

   "But I need to..." She silences me with a tender kiss. The fact that we're in a very public place runs through my head and I pull back abruptly.

   "Babe its ok, I don't care" she says as if reading my thoughts. I reclaim her lips. I part my lips and she slips her tongue inside. We find a slow sensual rhythm as our tongues dance. Its the sweetest most passionate kiss of my life. I pull back when air becomes an issue. We rest our foreheads together eyes closed.

   "This is the second time today I've taken your breath away" she says proudly. I can only nod in response because she's right and I'm still breathless at the moment. We stay in silence while I regain my composure.

    My eyes snap open when I feel a tear fall onto our intertwined hands. I bring my free hand up to wipe her tears away and then cup her cheek willing her to open her eyes. she takes a deep breath then opens them. More tears are threatening to fall. I see uncertainty in her eyes. She pulls her head back slightly, her eyes searching mine for something. They're searching for reassurance.

   "Is this really happening?" She brings her hand up to stroke my cheek."I won't survive otherwise. I need you Kimba."

   "I'm not going anywhere. You're my somebody. You're my Cheryl. You're my everything." I place another tender kiss on her lips. "I love you."

   "I love you too."

    I get up from the bench and extend my hand, she flashes me a dimpled smile before accepting.

    As the sun sets we're lovers walking hand in hand.