Chapter 1: This Is My Swamp

~Shrek's POV~

I woke up to the sound of singing outside of my house. I got up to go check it out. It was horrible singing and I was getting more than a little annoyed. I peeked outside to see a donkey staring back at me. I jumped at the sight as I was not expecting to see a donkey at my window. I was angry at the donkey for thinking he could just invade in on my swamp. As I stormed out of my house to get mad at the donkey, the donkey ran right in front of me and said, "Hi! My name is Donkey! What's yours?!" I was getting angrier by the second and replied with,"Why should I tell you my name?! First you invade my privacy and second you think I wouldn't care one bit!" By the time I finished my sentence, Donkey was already inside rummaging through my house. I was about to yell at Donkey but before I could, Donkey said,"So, what's your name? You never told me." "I'm not going to tell you my name! You ugly little piece of shit!" I replied. Donkey stared up at me with glassy eyes before running out of the house screaming,"I only wanted to be friends because you seemed lonely!" "THIS IS MY SWAMP!" I yelled not hearing what he had said. I later went to bed without eating all day except for one bowl of eyeballs for lunch. I was thinking about the cup of mucus I was going to have in the morning as I drifted off to sleep.

~Donkey's POV~

I ran as fast as my little donkey legs could carry me all the way to the ditch I had been sleeping in for a month now. I cry myself to sleep. I didn't know such horrible creatures lived out there. As I slowly drifted off to sleep all I could think about was the green ogre who lived in the hills. I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. It is very cold and I begin to shiver. I have to find something to eat down in the village. I have to be careful not to talk or I will be taken again. I begin the think of the ogre and what he said to me. Am I really a piece of sh*t? I bump into someone and before I could stop myself, I begin to apologize not realizing that I am talking. I begin to run but I am not that fast, that lady soon catches up to me but before she reaches me, green strong arms are wrapped around me I look up and see the ogre I "met" last night. I can't believe he's saving me I think to myself.