Chapter 3: Roommates

When Donkey woke up the next morning, the first thought that came to his mind was about Shrek. Donkey decided that Shrek did too much for him so he decided to make a delicious mushroom stew. Donkey wanted to make it extra special so he shaped the mushrooms into hearts.

Donkey began to walk to Shrek's hut. Once Donkey got there, Shrek was naked in his mud pond, taking a mud bath. Donkey turned red but could not take his eyes off of Shrek's green muscular body. He watched at Shrek rubbed his own back with slug slime. Shrek turned around and caught Donkey's gaze. Shrek turned as red as a tomato. Donkey looked away quickly and said," sorry.." Shrek soon got out of the mud pond and put on his clothes. They went inside together in silence.

Shrek decided to talk to Donkey. " Uh, what's in the pot Donkay?" Donkey Suddenly became happy as he said," Oh yeah, I made us mushroom stew!" "Well what are we waitin for?" Shrek asked eagerly. Shrek got some bowls and spoons while Donkey poured the mushroom stew equally into each bowl. They ate very fast as they were very hungry. Once they were done, Shrek asked shyly, "So, Gingy the gingerbread man asked me to come to his party and he also wanted me to bring a date... So wanna come with me?" "A-as your d-date?" Donkey stammered. "Imeanafriend.." Shrek answered quickly feeling really embarrassed. "O-oh s-sorry about that... but sure!" Donkey replied. Shrek smiled widely and said," Okay then! I'll pick you up at 9, but first I need to know where you live.." But I live in a ditch.. Donkey thought to himself. Donkey thought for a bit then finally said," I'm homeless.." Shrek stared in shock. Donkey was really scared that Shrek would stop being his friend since he now knows he is homeless but instead, Shrek said," You could live with me.."