Chapter 2: Friends?

Shrek carried Donkey back to his hut in the hills. Donkey didn't say anything on their walk back. Shrek decided to break the silence once they got back to his hut "So do you want a cup of mucus?" Shrek asked smiling widely. Donkey then suddenly came out of his dream like trance and nodded politely. Shrek went to the kitchen and began making two cups of mucus. Donkey silently sat patiently. Shrek then came over and gave Donkey a warm glass of mucus which he gulped down quickly. Shrek being Shrek gulped it also but then began eating the cup too. Donkey looked at Shrek amazed and was about to talk but Shrek cut him off saying, " Are you gonna eat that Donkay?" Donkey was happy to see that Shrek remembered his name and handed his cup to Shrek happily. 

           After Shrek had eaten Donkey's cup, Shrek then said, " Look Donkay, I am sorry about yesterday. I was angry because some slugs came by and decided to bathe in my mud pond." Donkey understood, "It's okay Shrek, it's not like I cried myself to sleep or something..." Donkey replied nervously. Donkey wasn't sure why he was nervous around Shrek all of a sudden. It was silent for a while. 

            Donkey decided to look up to see if Shrek was still there. To his surprise Shrek was staring at him intensly. Donkey started to squirm under his gaze. Shrek noticed and looked away. Donkey decided to break the silence and said, " So, I never caught your name." Shrek suddenly said, " Oh yeah, sorry about that. It's Shrek." Donkey started saying Skrek's name over and over again in his head. Shrek, shrek , shrek. Donkey tried it out after thinking about it. "Shrek... I like it." Donkey said smiling. 

            " You wanna be... friends?" Shrek asked shyly. Donkey smiled to himself blushing a little WAIT WHY AM I BLUSHING?! Donkey thought to himself. "Err... Are you okay Donkay? You're lookin a bit red." Shrek asked, concern evident in his voice. "O-oh yeah, i-it's just a... A little warm in here don't you think?" Donkey lied. "Yeah I guess so... So... You wanna be friends then? You never answered me.." Shrek asked. "Yeah of course Shrek." Donkey replied smiling.

             Donkey then left after saying good-bye to Shrek. Donkey began smiling at the thought of Shrek. I'll visit tomorrow Donkey thought smiling as he drifted off to sleep.