Chapter 1: Surviving 3-E

Tick Tick Tick...

The sound echoed over the silent room. Pencil scribbles were heard occasionally, many students writing down answers; right or wrong, only they know. Half an hour was all they got, plenty of time for some not enough for others.

"5 minutes left to finish up," spoke the teacher.

'I need more time..,' I mentally groaned as I decided to rush through the last few problems, making sure I'm not making any mistakes while doing so.

The door slid open with footsteps following after. Quiet whispers could be heard, but not identified. The woman cleared her throat, "Pencils down."

The clicking sound of the writing utensils being set down on each desk sounded throughout the room for a second. Then, it all fell back to silence. The teacher walked around the classroom, picking up the papers. Soon after, everyone was dismissed.

I took a glance at the teacher and the man standing next to her. I couldn't see him very clearly. Exiting the classroom I ran into someone. Excitement erupted in me. "Hey Vic," I smiled at her, she waved and returned the gesture. We casually walked along the halls and exited the school building. She spoke, but her words were muffled, my ears catching a small amount of the words she spoke.

Vicky stopped and turned to face me when we passed by the gate surrounding the campus, her features becoming serious. I raised an eyebrow, "Vicky..are you okay? What's wrong?"

"You're failing (Y/N) and that's not acceptable here," a darkness clouded her eyes, the school bell rang, but didn't stop. I took a step back, surprised and worried.

"Vic what are you talking about?"

"You belong in E-Class with all the other failures," she took slow struts over to me, other students crowded around watching with sinister grins. "You aren't supposed to be here! You shouldn't have been accepted in the first place! You are nothing but a failure to this school and to the entire district!"

"Vicky, what are you going on about?!" I could feel tears prick the corners of my eyes, my vision becoming more and more faded. Why would she say these things?

"Wake up, (Y/N)," she taunted, everyone now surrounding me with wide, malicious grins. "Wake up.."

~*~

"WAKE UP!"

A small scream escaped my lips as I fell to the ground. Groaning, I stood up and glared at my disruptor. "You didn't have to scream at me, Wendy!" I looked over at my clock, 6:50 was the time my furiously beeping alarm clock showed.

My annoying older sister laughed at my reaction, "I should've gotten that on camera! Jeez, your face was priceless!" She continued laughing. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Hey, how come it's so early? I'm usually able to get there with 15 minutes to spare."

Wendy looked at me confused. "You actually forgot?" My mind went blank. Confusion was all I was feeling right now. She sighed and handed me a letter.

'To [Y/N] [L/N],

Due to your last quarter grades and test scores, Kunugigaoka High School has decided to transfer you to Class 3-E over at the abandoned campus. You will be studying with other students and improving on your laboratory science and mathematical skills.

Until we see improvement on the next finals, you will stay in Class 3-E until then.

Sincerely, Your principle'

"3-E?! You're joking!"

"A paper doesn't lie, (Y/N)."

I glared at Wendy while she smirked. She eventually left the room and left me reading the note over and over. 3-E, also known as The End Class, was where all of the students who were either failing or a danger to the school went. There's awful rumors around the school about that place, saying how the teachers are constantly terrified of the students over there or how it gets so hot over there, you physically begin to melt!