Prologue

Finally I've got the guts to post my first ever story! Hope you enjoy! x

____________________________________

Prologue

Throughout my childhood, I’ve always been a curious little boy. You know, the one that did things others never thought of doing, and didn‘t do the things that others were used to doing. Yeah, I was that type of kid that asked too many questions, played too many games and annoyed everyone that I came across. All in all, I was totally incapable of making the right decisions. Of course, there had to be a day when all of that changes. And that day was the day I discovered what a kiss really was. Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t something I did, it was something I saw.

I remember hiding in my uncle’s closet, waiting for my sisters to come looking for me because we were playing a game of hide-and-seek. Every other day, my uncle would be working late and I wouldn‘t have to worry about leaving his room early. However, that particular day was different.

The truth was, I like spending my time in my uncle‘s room. It was like a whole new discovery for me. Almost like going on a treasure hunt without a map to guide me through. I spent most of my time searching for undiscovered treasures. They weren’t necessarily treasures, but at the time, that was what I liked to call them. Being only seven years old, I really couldn’t tell which treasures were worth keeping and which were not. I found many things. Things such as cigars, cigarettes packs, older women’s undergarments, papers with scribbled writings on them, name it and I can find it at my uncle's room. if I was really lucky enough, I would leave the room with a few coins clutched between my hands. And those were the times when I knew I had succeeded in the hunt. Of course, there are some things which were hidden that were not meant to be found. My uncle’s magazines for that matter, was far beyond my comprehension. I often wonder why he had all of these magazines with semi naked or fully nude girls scattered under his bed. The first thought that came to mind when I settled my eyes upon them was ‘What is that?’ That was the mind of a six year old boy working. Don’t get me wrong. I was curious, but my curiosity had its limits. None of the pictures in the magazines interested me enough to get me looking twice. Instead I felt sick to the stomach. I don’t think I would be able to understand a person like my uncle. Things like that can corrupt a mind of seven year old boy. If I had been six years older things would be different, but let’s not get into that. Truthfully, I think my mind was corrupted already, considering all the time I spent in his room. Sexual innuendo right there. 

Now where were we? Ah yes, I was hiding in my uncle’s room. In the wardrobe closet to be exact. As I waited impatiently for my sisters to come searching for me, and none of them came, I knew right then and there that I had been tricked again. Like usual, they would take off to the corner store, hence leaving me alone to whine and cry my eyes out. You see, they would tell me,

"Trav, go hide. Find a good hiding spot and don’t come out until we tell you to.”

And as usual, I obeyed, eagerly awaiting them, only to be left disappointed in the end.

Just when I about to emerge from my hiding spot, I heard the door creak open and the sound of a woman's laughter emanating into my ears. I quickly settled back into my awkward position. Dammit.

“Hmm... Edward, it tickles. Stop it!” came her sweet voice.

I pushed the closet doors a bit further out so I could take a peek. Curiosity was kicking in again. That’s when I saw my uncle was in the process of stripping off his shirt. The woman whose face was buried in his shoulder, clung to him with her arms around his waist. My uncle lifted her chin and crushed his lips against hers in a way that got me thinking he was very aggressive. At this point, you could say that I was lost, confused and growing overly curious. Why was he doing that to her and how come she looked like she was enjoying it? It’s worst enough to have someone breathe on you, especially someone like my uncle who always smelt of cigarette smokes, but to have someone pressing their mouths against your mouth, isn’t that a bit too strange? I don't get it. At all.