Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I dozed off to sleep for  the night and woke up with a knock on my door. I groaned and felt cold. Without Liam with me, I'll probably continue to be the only vampire that felt cold. I slowly rolled off my bed and walked to my door.

I opened it and found Mum standing there, looking down at what I was wearing and looked back up at me, a sad smile on her face. "Harry, I know it's been hard for you without-...Liam. But you can't let yourself fall apart completely. Don't let yourself go now. He still needs you."

I looked at her in confusion as she pointed to my clothes. I looked down at myself and sighed. She was right; I am letting myself go. I was still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday. I must have fallen asleep in it when I was alone and thinking so hard about Liam and his feelings for me. Were they sstill there? Did he still love me? Maybe I can go see him now - 

"Harry? Are you listening to me?" Mum asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, Mum. I was actually just about to leave to see Li- "

"Liam. I know. I had a feeling you would. That's why I came to talk to you before you actually left," Mum said tiredly and I let her in my room, sitting on my bed. I closed the door and stood in front of her, not really knowing what there was to discuss. I was just going to see Liam. I've been restless all night about seeing him again. 

"Mum, what is it? Is something wrong? Did Liam get hurt again? I swear, if Andy went t see him - " I said angrily, but Mum cut me off again by shaking her head.

"No, Harry. None of that. Liam is...as fine as he can be. He's just-...he's not at the hospital anymore," she said, frowning and looking at me.

"What? W- where is he then? I wanna see him," I said, panicking and walked to the door.

"Harry! Stop. Please don't go after him. He'll be fine. At least that's what Karen said when she called," Mum said quickly before I even opened the door.

"Karen called? Why?" I asked softly, turning back around and facing Mum.

"She called to let us know that Liam was moved to a different hospital. He's seeing a therapist and psychologist now, Harry. He-...he was even worse when he woke up this morning."

"But- but the doctor said he would be fine after they sedated him..." I said, hardly seeing her as my vision blurred. They moved Liam? Why? He coudn't have been that much worse, right?

Mum sighed and patted the spot beside her. I slowly walked to her and sat, leaning against her. I felt weak and empty inside. I shoud be with Liam right now. He shoudn't be even further away from me. She patted my head and back softly before she spoke again.

"I know, Harry. But it had nothing to do with the sedation. Liam was...he was freaking out and had a panic attack when he woke up. They were gonna sedate him, but they thought it might make things worse to make him sleep and him to wake up at a completely different place. So they had to move him to a mental hospital for a bit, to let him calm down."

"They moved him to a mental hospital? But Liam isn't mad! He isn't crazy! He was raped! That's why he's acting like this!" I said, raising my voice and standing up to face her.

"I know. We all had the same reaction when Karen called. She said they couldn't really do anything, since Liam was getting worse. They just let them move him there and he'll be there for about a week. Don't worry, honey. Liam will be fine. He's strong, right? You know he is," she said soothingly, standing up and wiping my face. I just noticed I was crying when she did that and she hugged me, rubbing my back.