Love and Laughter

Day 14 ~
In the early hours of the morning Jacob had placed a gentle kiss to the top of Connie's head before picking up her car keys and leaving the cabin. The previous evening Jacob had rallied everyone up to enjoy their final day together in bliss.

Connie was still fast asleep as Cal and Alicia began to wake up in the other bedroom. "Good morning beautiful-" "Morning." Alicia smiled as she rolled onto her side to face Cal properly. "Sleep well?" "Mmm like a baby." He leant down and placed a kiss to her lips as she laced her arm around his back. "You know that a baby doesn't sleep through the night right?"

In the other room Grace, Amy and Charlie were all sitting together in one of the beds watching a film keeping quiet until there was noise throughout the rest of the cabin. Connie was beginning to wake up not realising Jacob had been gone for two hours.

She dropped a hand to the mattress beside her feeling the empty space which had been cold for some time now. Lifting her head she noticed her car keys gone from the desk before dropping her head back to the pillow in defeat. Mornings never were as easy when you weren't the only one you had to convince to get out of bed.

Within another half an hour everyone was moving about the house. Dressed in a pair of shorts and a flowing top, Connie threw her hair up messily on top of her head before putting her sunglasses on stepping onto the porch into the burning sunlight. After a few minutes of tranquil silence she heard the children running riot in the living room.

Grace and Amy were laughing as they ran away from Charlie before stopping as they heard Connie's voice. "Right! Sit down." As quickly as they were moving everyone dropped to the sofa, all eyes on Connie. "Have you all got dressed?" There were three nods with no voices. "All had something to eat this morning?" Again the same nodding appeared. "Right you all need sun cream because I am not taking any burnt babies back home tonight."

One by one Connie made sure they were covered in sun cream as Charlie emerged from the cabin. "Good morning, I see the clinical lead is making its way back to the surface-" "What can I say, it comes naturally." She smirked across at Charlie who was pushing open the front door letting the warm air blow in cooling them down.

"Need any help?" Cal smiled as he looked towards several things laid out on the table. There were towels stacked up beside bottled drinks and some blankets. "All this going outside?" "Yeah, I have no idea where Jacob is though." Connie rolled her eyes as Cal smiled throwing the towels to Alicia before picking up the other things himself and heading onto the porch.

Grace, Amy and Charlie ran outside almost colliding with Jacob. "Daddy! Bossy Mummy is back, Grandad Charlie said-" "Is she now? It's a good thing I love that Mummy of yours then isn't it?" The three turned to continue running before he called out to them. "I have something for you lot... Dropping the bags he had he headed back to the car taking out several things.

"I thought, seeing as we were having a day outside we could do with some games." Grace smiled taking the bats and ball from Jacob while he carried another, slightly larger box down towards the lake. He quickly set up the swingball before passing the bats to Amy. "Be careful though, and make sure Charlie's out of the way when you're playing."

He jogged back up to the car pulling out a few more bags with food in heading into the house. "Morning sweet cheeks-" "Good morning handsome." Jacob raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, a trait he'd learned well from Connie. Placing a quick kiss to her lips he put the bags down on the side as Connie helped to unpack.

"Care to explain?" "Thought we could have a BBQ outside, let the kids play by the lake. Really enjoy our final day together." Connie smiled warmly before Jacob wandered back outside beginning to set everything out.

By the time he'd finished Cal and Alicia were sat on the swing on the porch together chatting. The BBQ had been left to heat up, Connie had filled a bucket with ice and cold water with several drinks in it under the table. There was food set out with some plates for the children to eat if they got hungry while everything cooked.

Charlie was playing with the bat and ball while Amy and Grace were playing swing ball. "Grandad?" "Yes Charlie." He wandered over to the younger boy crouching before him. "Can you play with me please?" "Oh I think I can stretch to that." He smiled taking a bat beginning to play while Connie moved down to the girls.

"Hey, if you girls decided to go into the lake there are some towels down on the deck beside it. Make sure you keep an eye out for Charlie too okay?" "Yes Mum." Grace wrapped her arms around Connie hugging her while she placed a kiss to the top of her head. "Love you baby, have fun alright." Grace stood back up with a grin before her and Amy began batting again.

Connie helped Jacob with preparing the meat inside before covering it up and leaving it to cook for later. "So then sweet cheeks... I'd say we have about half an hour before anyone wonders where we are." He spoke slowly as he dropped his arms around her waist, a sly smirk spreading across his face. "Is that so muscles? I think I need that theory put to the test."

Jacob smirked into the kiss as her lips crashed with his, his hands pressing into the small of her back while hers snaked around his neck. The kiss became very passionate, very quickly. Connie tumbled backwards as Jacob pushed her up against the wall, his hands wandering her body. She moaned against his lips as he continued to deepen the kiss.

Parting from him briefly she glanced out of the window seeing everyone distracted. "Come on..." She pulled his hand dragging him back through the cabin before turning around to face him just as they neared the doorway to their bedroom. Connie forced her lips onto his again, an arm around his neck as he scooped her up from the floor. Her legs quickly wrapping around his waist as he carried her through laughing into the bedroom.