muggle magic?

Summary:
harry takes draco to the park, where he meets a muggle magician.

Harry grabbed ahold of Draco's hand, tugging him through crowds of muggle children and their slightly annoyed mums and dads. "I don't understand why we're here," Draco sneered, gagging as he caught eyes with a child covered in boogers.

"We're going to see a magician, babe" Harry huffed, rolling his eyes. "A what?" Draco asked, his eyebrows raising. "We're going to see magic." Harry replied softly, eyeing the taller lad. "Muggle magic?" Draco's face was scrunched up and he looked confused.

"Muggles can't do magic." He cackled, shaking his head. Harry grinned at Draco's ignorance and chuckled. "Just shut up and watch. You'll see." He murmured, rubbing his thumb across Draco's hand gently. Draco rolled his eyes and placed his attention to the stage in front of them, waiting for this "Magician" Harry spoke of.

After a few impatient minutes spent with Draco complaining, the magician strode out, red cape and ugly black top hat. He had a curly black mustache, and a sly smirk upon his lips. His white gloved hands carried a white and black wand, and he placed some items onto a small round table that was set on the stage.

Draco furrowed his brows and leaned onto Harry slightly. "Why does his wand look like that?" He whispered, nudging Harry with his elbow. Harry shrugged. "Don't ask, watch." He huffed, nudging Draco back. In response, Draco huffed and placed a hand under his chin and his other hand held captive by Harry's.

Then it happened with a crack, a flash, and a high pitched squeal from Draco. The magician appeared to be in a different costume, one with more jewels and metallic trim. Draco puffed out a breath with another eyeroll and scowled.

"Hello!" The magician barked, flaunting his cape with a bow. Draco jumped slightly and glared at the obscenely loud man. "I am Raul the Righteous, and I will be preforming a variety of magic tricks that will mystify you all!" He clapped, bowing once again.

Draco stifled a laugh by covering his mouth with his hand as Harry shook his head. "What kind of name is Raul??" Draco whispered, his face red from laughter. Harry whispered back. "A muggle name." Draco nodded and averted his attention back to the man on stage.

"My first trick will be pulling a rabbit out of my hat!" Raul belted, taking the hat off and showing it to the crowd. "As you can see, it's empty." Draco rolled his eyes. "There is no way a muggle can pull a rabbit out of an empty hat!" He whisper-yelled, Harry grinning at the pure-blood.

Raul, holding the hat, took out his "wand" and began to recite some "spell" that Draco certainly has never heard. "Alakazam!" The magician cried as he waved his wand, small poof of dust and everything. Within an instant, Draco turned from annoyed and disinterested to a little puppy.

As the bunny popped it's head out of the hat, Draco sat up. "How did he do that?!" Draco yelled, causing Harry to turn a pinkish-red. He spoke quietly and swatted at the blonde. "Magic, Draco. Now hush."

The magic show went on as did Draco, and it came for the final trick. Raul was beaming, pushing away some of the props on the stage. "Now for my last trick, I'm going to need a volunteer." Draco's hand shot up as Raul's assistant pulled a large box with a knob onto the stage. "Ah, yes. You! The man with the blonde hair and dashing smile!" Raul grinned, pointing and motioning for Draco to come onto the stage.

Harry rolled his eyes at Draco and watched the taller practically run up to Raul. "I remember when he used to run up to me like that," Harry huffed, earning a glare from a small child. Draco ran to the stage and stopped next to Raul, waiting for his instructions.

"All right! Thank you for volunteering! What's your name, good sir?" Raul grinned, Turing to Draco. "My name is Draco!" He beamed, smiling widely at Harry. "Well Draco, your instructions are simple. Just stand in the box." Raul explained, pointing to the box.

Draco sauntered over to the box and stepped in, looking around. Raul's assistant came over and shut it, before whispering, "When Raul says the magic word, pull the hidden door out!" She hummed, walking away with a bright smile on her face.

Draco frowned. He knew it was too good to be true. This "muggle magic". But then he came up with a glorious idea. He would apparate back to Harry right when the magician spoke the "magic" words.

"Here we go, folks!" Raul yelled.

"Alakazoo"
"Alakahooey"
"Alakamee"
"Alakayoueee!"

He yelled, just as Draco began to flick his wand. Suddenly, he appeared back onto the grass next to Harry, making the brown-haired boy jump. "He can do real magic?!" Harry questioned, eyes wide. Draco shook his head and smirked, "No, I apparated!" he chuckled.

Raul's eyes were wide. "Y-you, how?!" He screamed, dropping his plastic wand. "You tell me, magician." Draco replied before he was pulled up by Harry. "That's enough muggle for you today mister. Time to head back," Harry huffed, pulling Draco along.
__________________
ENDING WAS TERRIBLE I'M SORRY I'M WORKING ON IT. I PROMISE I'LL FIX IT EVENTUALLY.
REQUESTS ARE OPEN, JUST COMMENT AND I'LL GET RIGHT TO IT!
time of completion: june 22, 2016 5:51am
word count: 923