just breathe

Draco Malfoy felt like he couldn't breathe.
He should just feel fine. He was sitting on the couch, hand in hand with his lovely boyfriend, their legs all tangled together under a blanket, the muggle telly vision blasting some loud movie, the rest of their tiny apartment eerily quiet and dark, making Draco feel like they were the only people in the entire world.

He should feel fine.

It certainly felt like that description alone should be a dream come true.

But he couldn't breathe.

"Ha!" Harry suddenly shouted, a jubilant expression on his face, and he gestured towards the muggle devise. "I told you they'd kiss! You owe me ten galleons, Mal -" Harry's voice faltered. "Draco? Are you alright?"

He blinked at him.

Harry's face looked beautiful like this. (He'd always been beautiful, but there was something about the way the flashy colours of the movie reflected on his bronze skin, his freckles almost seeming to dance, the way Harry's eyes were shining with worry and something else, something alive.)

He looked so beautiful, and all it did was make Draco want to punch him in the gut for it, because everything ached, his chest overflowing with this stabbing pain every time he looked at Harry, his stomach feeling as though it was stuffed with bricks.

Harry looked so beautiful, and it hurt to look at him.

"Draco?" Harry repeated, this time a bit panicky. "Now you're starting to scare me."
"I," he cleared his throat, and looked back at their joined hands. The stark contrast between them was even more noticeable like this. His marble skin, flawlessly polished and nails trimmed, while Harry's were scarred and dark, his nails so badly done there wasn't a word bad enough to describe them.

"Yes?" Harry scooted closer, and quickly pulled Draco's face up to look at him. His fringe fell between his eyes, and Draco wanted so badly to push it away, to kiss it away, to kiss Harry -

But Harry beat him to it. Without waiting for Draco to finally find his voice he'd leaped forward, pinning Draco to the couch and he kissed him. He kissed him like he always did, as if it would be the last time, as if Draco would disappear the second they'd stop, almost feverish with need.

"Harry -" Draco mumbled against his lips, his hands grabbing Harry's shirt so tightly it should've teared apart.

Harry ignored him, and instead started kissing Draco's face, everywhere - his nose, cheeks, eyelids, chin, his hands gripping Draco everywhere he could reach.

"Harry," Draco repeated, his voice breaking at the end. The hurt in his chest got worse and worse with every kiss Harry gave him, with every soft caress against his skin. "Stop, please -"

Harry's head whipped up to look at him. 
"I," Draco sighed, "I think I'm in love with you."

That stumped Harry, and for a second he just stared, eyes wide and his breath leaving him.

"And, well," he almost smiled, "that scares the crap out of me."

Harry blinked. "Draco," he began tentatively, worry wrinkling his eyebrows together, but a small smile tucking at his lips as if he couldn't help himself, "Why does that -"

"Because I'm Draco Malfoy," he snapped, and ignored the confused look on Harry's face. "And you are Harry Potter. We are not supposed to watch a romantic muggle movie on a Friday night, we're not supposed to hold hands all evening and be so goddamn happy about it."

"C'm off it," Harry grinned, "sod 'supposed to' - I've always hated a cliché."

He sighed deeply. "That's not what I -"

"Draco, I love you."

Draco's heart stopped right there.

"What?" he asked, but his voice felt strange, too breathy, not his own. "What?" he repeated, and he could feel the tears behind his eyes, threatening to spill.

"I love you," Harry repeated, his smile brighter than the sun. "I don't care about what we're supposed to do, what our stories are supposed to be. You are Draco Malfoy, and I am incredibly in love with you."

"Harry -"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up," he said with an exasperated shake of his head, and he tucked Harry closer, connecting their lips with such an ease it felt like fitting two puzzle pieces together - as if this was right where they belonged.

Draco Malfoy felt like he couldn't breathe.

But at the moment, he really didn't care.

//////////////////////////////////////
HEY GUYS IF YOU WANT MORE DRARRY CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 
love scrolls/drarry
I'm updating it everyday and it's going to be very cute and sweet. Also Draco is VERY Draco, with his lil attitude and everything, so pls do me a favor and go add it to your libraries and vote for it 💓