CASTERS (Chapter 6: Hush-Hush.)

Author's note: Sorry that I've neglected this book for so long. I've been focusing on Alphas way too much so this year Alphas is on hold and I will try my best to fully complete this book. I just hope that people are still reading. :() Happy New Year.

Recap of Chapter 5: Alex and Kaleb explained to Seth everything they knew about why it was illegal for a human and a caster to intermingle with each other. But during the explanation more discoveries were made as connections between a blank year, the annihilation of the three clans, a potential conspiracy, and the outlawing of human and caster intermingle. To keep Alex safe Kaleb suggested they become Kakyumies and join the battalion forces. That way she can keep looking into it with authority to avoid suspicion. With her denial, he drugged her unconscious and fled for the kiza kito with Seth. They made it just in time. When Alex had awoken, it was already too late. She was on her way to district five to become a Kakyumi, and she was angry. On their way, Kaleb described to him the layout of Saki and explained that every other empire had a similar setup. Seth also learned that more than 50% of the world is deserted. Mysteriously, Kaleb explained outside of the walls with one word, death. Their kiza kito landed in a forest instead of in district five. A different method of initiation was in play. Who will survive? Find out in this chapter of "CASTERS".

1714 hours

First Person. Aiden's (POV)

"Method two is as follows. The cards that flew into your projector watches each hold a number between 1 and 30. Fifteen casters came from one district each, which adds up to sixty newbies. Incapacitate the caster that holds the same number as you and you will move on. The second half of the test is for the remaining 30 to make it to district 5. Be warned, there are double C's along the way that will shield your path. Yield to anyone of them and you're out. Simple isn't it? Make it to district 5 and you're automatically Kakyumies. If not, there's always next time." The broadcaster vanished.

"Hahahaha! Must be my lucky day. I get to fight him... and I have a reason for it." I turned to begin the search. "Let's go Talvic."

He jumped onto my shoulder, "But Aiden, aren't you going to check to see if any of them have your number?" I looked at him then turned sighing.

"Alright. Which one of you rats have 11?" They all looked at their watches, then looked up at each other. "None. As I thought." I turned to walk away again but was stopped by the sudden beeping of my watch. I looked at it and read, "Rules and information for method 2. Note: Rules may change or be added at any given time. 1. When a fight commences, it will be displayed on a dragon fly projector in the Barracks of district five. Fights between persons from specified district will be displayed within their district. Fights can also be viewed by candodates on their projector watches." That I already know. "2. Once you defeat the opponent that holds your number, you must claim it. Only when you have two of the same numbers can you begin making your way to district 5." I paused with widened eyes. A small laughter emerged from me that grew louder by the second. I suddenly stopped with a serious expression. "Talvic get off of me."

"What's the matter, Aiden?" My tattoos began to glow.

"Just fly!" He jumped up and hovered into the air. I spun around while cracking my neck. "Sapphire Crytals! Crystal imprisonment." I slammed my hand on the ground. Crystals rose from the surface of the earth. After it pinned one person to the ground, the others began running. But it was too late, they were already in my sights. I laughed after they were all immobilized by my power. "Your numbers are all mine now! Game over."

First Person. Seth's (POV)

"Your numbers are all mine now! Game over." The guy on my projected watch said. His hair was silver, with blue tips. I couldn't see his face because of the full covered mask he's wearing. The tattoos are on his right arm, opposite to mine, and he has a pet monkey with him. His power seems to be blue crystals. But what really shocks me is the kind of caster he is.