Battling

Monsters
Monsters are colored by element. For example, if a goblin was red, its element would be fire. See the colored outline of each attack choice? That would be the color of its element. Yellow is light, green is wind, blue is water, etc. When you press on the monster, it will show its element and HP. When you use single attacks, it will hit the monster you have selected (it will show a faint circle on it). All attacks hit every enemy but will not be as affective. As you use attacks, your elements change. Monsters attack after a few strikes you do. The number above their heads is when they will attack after that many turns you have taken.

Bosses
Bosses are hard to beat (in some cases) and have their own reason to be evil. When you reach to the point where you battle Kilios (above), you cannot use Auto Attack and have limited time (like 5 or 7 seconds, sometimes even faster!). All bosses past Kilios won't allow you to use Auto and you need to make your move quick! It's also good to bring a healing unit with you and strong ones as well. Bosses are usually accompanied by other monsters.

Press Change Bosses to change bosses (Elemental Bosses are available after Luni is defeated).

Menu
The Menu button is at he top left corner. Once clicked, you'll be brought to a screen that looks like this.

Pressing the menu doesn't mean that you paused! It simply means you just opened a screen

Pressing the menu doesn't mean that you paused! It simply means you just opened a screen. Once the time limit is over, the menu will disappear and your opponent will use their next move.

You have the options to quit the battle (you lose), and turn on or off BGM and SFX. It also shows The element weakness and strengths.