Prologue

(This was previously Chapter One of the story but I decided to change it up to a prologue instead since the real story starts in Chapter Two which is now the new Chapter One)

It's Friday morning, the last day of the school year before my summer officially starts. Waking up extra early today, while the nice cool breeze comes rushing through my opened window and as the sun shines on my dazzled face.

"Urghh! it's another day but I'm glad it's the last" I say while turn my back away from the sunlight that is bothering me. It takes me like 10 minutes to get up my bed to take a nice bubbly bath until I hear my mom...

"Dwain!"

"Yes mom?" I say in my gravelly morning voice.

"I cooked a special breakfast for you and for your sister," she says excitedly, hearing it from my slightly opened door. Then I hear mom my again, shouting in sudden pain, she probably hit the hot toaster accidentally, that happens almost every day. I think that she has to fix that clumsiness.

I try to reply okay but nothing comes out my mouth. So that's when I decide to get up instead to grab a clean folded towel below my hanged clothes. They are mostly for formal attire and sweaters for a slightly to cold weather like today. I love the feeling of a nice chilly wind and a warm sunshine. Back to reality, I grab the towel and head towards the bathroom.

I open the door to go inside and turn the lights on, my eyes adjusting to the brightness, I go straight to the bathtub and put the small cap to the tub hole so the water does not drain. I twist and check the water temperature if it is soothing until I get it right, waiting till the tub to get full and a moment later, it's overflowing. I get my favourite body wash and squeeze the amount that's exactly I want. Finally, taking off my clothes and soak into the water.

...

Feeling brand new after a twelve-minute bath, I head to my wardrobe and decide to wear my favourite outfit: a black Adidas funnel jacket, black Adidas track pants with white stripes on the side, and matching black vans. Wearing so much black, I often get asked if I am planning on attending a funeral. Explaining to people that I simply prefer to wear black to anything else has become a pet peeve.

After putting my clothes on, I move to get my fully charged phone to check my notifications.

"'Joshua and Clarisse tweeted 'last day of school!'"
"'Arielle and Flare posted on Instagram '#LastDay'"
"'Aslndra posted on Facebook 'OMG! today's the day!'"

And more notifications especially on my Snapchat. My mom starts to shout once again

"Dwain, Mia! Come down and eat your breakfast, it's getting colder!"

I sigh. "Coming!" while putting my phone on lock and into my pocket then I start to walk outside my room. Suddenly, I hear tiny footsteps running and it gets louder every second as I hear it from my slightly opened door. My door then opens, banging it to the wall with force.