Chapter One - Where Am I?

I wake up.

"Where am I?" I say to myself as my eyes slightly open. All around me are trees, lots of trees and no noises or even bird's chirping nearby. Where am I, really? Lying on the ground with dead leaves under, I think I'm in some kind of woods but where the hell is this place? It seems ominously quiet, my breathing, the small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind can only be heard. The trees looks flaming in colour, it must be the season of fall. On the other hand, the dead leaves litter the ground and starts to fade away, the life on this woods would be shortly gone. This place will look lifeless and dead.

Trying to get up on a sitting position, my body feels a bit exhausted, feeling the "attended-gym-class" at school as I say. Leaning my back as I put my hands on support and stretching my legs across this unending woods. Dead leaves fly over my face while I look up the sky with bare branches spiking.

I endeavor the nice breeze from wherever I am, the thought of how I got in here and what just happened came to my mind. Recalling from my memory...

OH MY GOD!!

I don't remember anything! I really don't remember anything. Putting my knees up, hands on my head like crazy, I put my head in between my bent knees. Should I cry? Should I shout for help? Should I do something or just stay here until someone picks me up or offers some help. Though, I don't think that would happen. I'm in the middle of nowhere. My heart is pounding and I'm panting, not knowing what to do next.

My chest starts to tighten and I grip the sweater I'm wearing, attempting to reduce the pain somehow. I crumble to the ground with the rush of pain and emotions I'm trying to process. Spreading my feet and arms on the ground. Eyes becomes heavy as I see the sunlight through the half-dead trees before it completely shut. My breathing seems to slow and my chest pain starts to withdraw. Drowning to the darkness, I slowly lose consciousness.

.

I wake up for the second time, I'm still in the same place. How long was I sleeping? Sudden rush of tears comes out from my eyes, I don't usually cry but I did. Dwain! stop weeping man. I shake my head, wipe my tears and slap my face. I should just find some way out of here, but knowing how good am I with directions, I'll just get myself self lost while I'm already lost. Losing hope, I keep myself positive and strong because I am - me. 

Wiping my soggy eyes with my black jacket as I try to avoid hurting my eyes with my hands that I'm not sure if they are clean or dirty. I help myself to stand up, shaking off the dirt and leaves on my pants and begin to look around. "Where am I?!" I mutter on the silence of the woods.

The sun. It might help me find a way, maybe I should go towards where the sun is since I have no clear directions. I move feet one by one. How long since the last time I walked?

The old, yellow and brown leaves hustles in the wind , as the sounds of dead, weak trees, creak at every push the wind gives. The sight of every living coming to an end. I wonder where are the animals around the woods? it's too early for them to hibernate, where could they have been?

I reach an end without awareness. Not knowing the time I walked, I see myself on the edge of this elevated area, I don't see anything but another bunch of trees dying below. The leaves of the trees just stares at me as I stand innocently lost. "Oh shi-!" I mumble, narrowing my eyes as I try to get a clear sight of what I think I'm seeing. I see an inch of some buildings! It's not that clear, but I'm sure of it! I'm guessing there's a city a mile away. Hope and excitement fills me in.

I enjoy the nice view for a couple of minutes, the trees are so warm-looking despite the decrease in temperature and the cold breeze starting to build up. I glance at my surroundings, everything looks the same from where I left until I see a lower part of this forest that I could just slide down. It seems that I'm on an upper part of  the woods. Running towards the slightly steep hill, I sit and slowly slide down. "Ouch!" I shout in pain, it is rocky and it hurts on my butt. I should have just walk down carefully. Why didn't I think of that first?  Idiotic me.