Chapter 3 - The Guy on My Right

I remember it so clearly. The reason I'm laying down on the street is that I want to die. I am no use to anybody and if I continue living, I will eventually find a harsher way to die. This morning I got up and decided it's time for me to leave this world. So now I lay on the street staring at the beautiful blue sky above me. The only thing stopping me from dying is this guy. Staring at me from the sidewalk. He seems to glow, unlike any other person that I have seen before.

I get up onto my feet and slowly rise. But before I'm about to stand up completely, everything goes black. All I remember from that moment is his pink tufts of hair swaying in the wind, and those dark, onyx eyes looking at me with concern. Why does he remind me of someone?

_____________________

I slowly open my eyes to see a white ceiling. I blink a few times, then feel around me. Wires, sheets, my clothes are gone and in their place is a paper gown. I sit up, looking to my right only finding that those dark eyes from earlier have locked in place with mine again. His mouth moves, but no words come out. 

I try to move my mouth and talk, but I can't. I feel around my ears, and in them to try and find where they're clogged. Nothing. "Whad heppnd." I feel myself say. His lips move and I can't make out anything. All of a sudden, a doctor comes in through the curtain of my room. He looks surprised and tells the guy on my right something. Then the doctor grabs a piece of paper and writes something out for a couple minutes, pausing in between to think. 

'Hi, you've been the victim of a car crash.' I start to remember what had previously happened. 'We are trying to help you hear again because you've gone deaf. We don't know if it's serious or if it can be fixed yet. The young man sitting next to you called the ambulance and made sure you came here ASAP. You've been in a coma for almost 12 hours. I'll go grab you some medicine.' Says the note in sloppy letters. Between silent hyperventilating, I nod my head.

I try to thank the pink-haired guy by shaking his hand, but I think he sees it through my eyes. 

__________________

We stay in the hospital for 4 more hours. I get out of the hospital at approximately 12:09 am after staring at the clock in the sign-out room. The doctors kept telling the pink-haired guy some stuff about me because they all kept glancing and motioning at me. I just laid there thinking about my situation. It was all so weird. I trail behind the guy as we're walking out of the hospital. It's kind of warm because of summer approaching. Once he turns to the parking lot, I start walking in my gown with my clothes and medicine in a sack towards a road that I think may take me back to the park. But then, someone grabs my arm. I turn around to see who it was. It's the pink-haired guy. He passes me a slip of paper. 

'You can't just go back to that bench in your condition you know.'  He releases my wrist from his grip. I'm not an expert in Japanese literature but I try my best to write back. 'I'm fine. Go ahead and go home. Thank you.'

'I can't just leave you here. Come with me.'

At first, my mind refuses his offer, but then I think of all the food and water and the shower and the bed....AND THE AIR CONDITIONING. Sure it isn't the wisest idea, but I have to take a chance. I'm probably on the verge of death anyways so it wouldn't really matter if he tried to-

'First I need to know your name.' I write back, figuring that I'd hint my sense of insecurity towards this.

He looks at the paper, then writes 'Natsu'.

'Mines Lucy.' I write back. He seems to flinch at this piece of information. He takes my hand and pulls me into a limo. We sit in the backseat and I realize that my ankle doesn't hurt anymore. Instead, the world gave me a worse condition. Ugh. Why does human existence hate me? We round the corner and Natsu grabs his stomach and looks sick. I move my hand from my lap to his leg even though it's slightly weird.

He looks at me with a dazed smile. I smile back. When we get to his place, it's sparkling with life. We round the corner of the building, then up an elevator to floor 7. We get out and turn to room 7. I enter the apartment, feeling a fresh cool wave of air hit me. It's beautiful.  There is a relaxing sofa and a flat screen tv. The carpet feels amazing on my rough feet. Natsu leads me down the hallway, then into the bathroom. It's a nice room, with a beautiful white sink, and a whirlpool bathtub. Next to that sits a white shiny toilet and a very clean shower. 

Does he have a maid? (We all know how clean Natsu is...he probably has three maids.)

He shuts the door of the bathroom. I strip off my things, then hop in the tub. It's been so long...how do I turn this on? Ummm...I don't see any towels, and I threw my paper gown away. I don't have time for this. All I want is to get cleaned up. So I use my only option. 

I open the door and head down the hall only to see gaping Natsu looking at me. The shower curtain has turned into my temporary clothing. I point to the bathroom, and he follows me. I point to the faucet. He turns the left metal thingy, and leaves the room after he writes a list of directions for me. 

I hop in for the second time. Ahhhh. . .I haven't felt this good in a long time. I turn off the water before the tub gets too full, and make the whirlpool section work. Oh. My. Makarov. Is this a dream? I wave my finger around in the water, creating little ripples. But they can hardly be seen because of the whirlpool function. Then, I realize that I haven't thanked Natsu yet.

I get out and discover that the towels are in the cabinet below the sink. So, I slip one on and head out of the bathroom. I jolt down the hall, hoping not to embarrass myself further. My directions lead me to the last room on the left. I look inside. A queen size bed is covered in white sheets and a wooden dresser sits beside it with a glass of white lilies. I open the drawers and find a satin nightgown inside. I slip it on then get into bed. 

It feels amazing.