Chapter 46

Samantha's POV

About a couple more days have passed since our heater broke. We haven't had any problems with it which is a good thing too because today is a very special day. Today is Christmas! Well it's Christmas Eve. We're all going to have Christmas dinner and do gift exchanges tonight but tomorrow we're all separating to go visit our families. Zayn is going to Perrie's parents house, Eleanor is going to Louis family, Harry and Sara are staying here while Harry's family comes to them, Niall and I are going to Niall's family in Ireland, and Liam is going over to Emma's flat because she's not having anyone over.

As of right now, all of us are starting to make the dinner for tonight. Niall and I are making the mash potatoes, Liam is getting the vegetables together, Zayn is putting together all the breads, Harry is dealing with the table settings, and some how we trusted Louis to deal with the meat.

"Zayn? Can you pass me the butter?" I asked. He nodded his head and went to the fridge. We finished making the potatoes and put them in the oven to keep them warm. It's around five o'clock so we should be eating in about an hour. We just have to wait for Louis to finish with the turkey. Personally I'm not a big turkey fan but the potatoes Niall helped me make look pretty amazing. Good thing calories don't count during Christmas time or I'd be racking up the numbers!

*

Finally after a long time of preparation, we are all sitting around the table and ready to eat. The set up looks really nice. I must say that Harry did a pretty good job. Perrie and Eleanor came over with some deserts and Liam also invited Emma over so she's here too. I assumed she would be somewhere with her family for Christmas but she hasn't mentioned anything about. I'd ask but it doesn't really seem like my place to say something.

We were all making small talk as we ate. Emma, Niall, and I were engaged in a small conversation. So far I haven't found out much, just her age and birthday. She has one sister but she hasn't talked to her since they both moved away from home. Apparently her and her sister never really got along when they were younger so she isn't surprised that they don't talk now.

"So where did you live before you moved here?" Niall asked.

"Well I lived in Ireland until I was eight years old then my family moved here. I moved out on my own about a year ago."

"Eh so you've got a wee bit of Irish in ya?" Niall asked, over exaggerating his accent. You could definitely tell Niall enjoyed using his accent and did it whenever the opportunity was given to him,

"Yeah I guess so." She replied with her own Irish accent. "So what are you guys doing for Christmas?" She asked.

"Well me and Niall are flying to his parents tomorrow to spend Christmas with them." I answered, deciding to step in.

"I'm sure you guys will have fun." She turned to me. "Ireland is a beautiful place. Make sure to check out some of the castles they have there. Oh and also, the pubs there aren't have bad. I'm sure Niall can testify to that. " She smiled.

"I'll definitely keep that in mind and I sure he can too. What are your plans?" I asked her.

"I'm sure you probably already know this but Liam's coming over to my flat because my family can't afford to come to me, and I can't afford to go out to them." She paused. "But I'm not looking for synpathy or anuthing like that. It just happened to end up like this, this year. I nodded my head, getting an idea. Emma continued to talk to Niall and I turned towards Liam.

"Have you gotten Emma's Christmas present yet?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No, not yet. Why?"

"Because I have an idea of what you can do for her." I answered. He looked at me with curiosity. He gave me a look as if to tell me he wanted me to explain my idea.