Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

         {Gerard}

   He grimaced, sitting on the porch, staring out at the lake, running his hand through his hair. He was bored. He hadn't even been there a day and he was bored, the least Ryan could've done was put something entertaining in the cabin like—a computer or newer TV or something. Then Gerard sighed, realizing why that wouldn't have worked. He'd have to deal with the lousy antenna and the mostly-static stations. The best one he could get, evidently, was the news channel.

He let out a groan of frustration, pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing. "Hey, Frank have you heard anything yet?"

"Fuck you, Gerard." Frank spat, then hung up. Gerard narrowed his eyebrows, calling him back. Again. And again, and again. He gave up for about thirty minutes, then called him again. "Whatthe—the fuck do you want?"

"You know where Willow is?" Gerard asked, smiling.

"No, I fuckin' don't." Frank said, and Gerard was silent for a moment. "I know—I know who she's with." was he crying? Gerard almost laughed.

"Who?" Gerard asked, amused.

"Billie Joe Armstrong—" Frank said, breaking off into sobs. He must've been drunk.

"That's quite a name...is that—is he famous?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," he said in between sobs.

"Why are you so upset, Frank? He's not killing her, he seemed like an all-talk kind of guy, relax." Gerard said, and Frank stopped crying.

"All-talk—right. Well, Gerard, for your information she was into him, that was obvious," Frank paused and he thought he was going to break out in sobs again. "he took her somewhere, nobody knows where they are—and they—"

He broke off sobbing again, and Gerard got the idea, his mouth twisting downwards. "I see. Thank you for talking to me, Frank. "

        {Willow}

"We've been here for, what, four days?" she said, and Billie made a 'i-don't-know' noise. He fell back onto the bed, attempting to pull her down with him, but she pulled her arm away. "I want to leave."

Billie sat up immediately, staring at her. "They don't know where Gerard is—"

"I can't stay in here forever." Willow said.

"Okay, where are we going? To New Jersey?" he asked, and she nodded. "I'm driving."

"Good." she nodded. "We need to stop at my apartment, and your place."

"Yeah," he held the door open for her. "the guys will be fine without me."

"I hope so." she laughed.

They drove all throughout the following day, and through the night. Willow fell asleep while he drove, and he tried not to stop too much so he didn't wake her up.

It took them a few days to get there, deciding not to drive all night, and it felt like she hadn't been gone long enough when he pulled into her mother's driveway.

Willow went up and knocked on the door after briefly arguing with Billie about carrying both the suitcases. Her mother, hair slightly a mess, opened the door, and her eyes widened. "Hey, mom," they hugged, and Willow apologized for leaving.