chapter one // here we go

"Brooke, come on! We have to go."

"Coming mom." She groaned, coming down the stairs of the front door.

"You got everything?"

"Yes, mom." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay then! Off to New York."

•••

A few hours later, Brooke woke up and realized she was finally in New York! She excited got out the car and ran up the stairs to her new house.

"Mom, I love this house already!" She squealed.

"I see, come help me with these boxes." Her mom laughed.

•••

Today is Brooke's first day at school in New York. She is attending James K. Polk high school.

"What am I going to wear today?" Brooke thought to herself. "Hmmm..oh! I know!"

Brooke picked out a pair of ripped jeans and a long sleeved crop top. She dug into her closet and found an old pair of converses. She slipped on her shoes and made her way to school.

•••
"Jacob Perez." the teacher called.

"Here." A deep voice called back.

"Chresanto August."

"Here."

"Brooke Adams."

"Here." A small voice called back.

The whole class turned and looked back at Brooke. Jacob sat up in his chair and closely looked at Brooke, wondering if he has seen her before. He shook it off and slouched back in his class as the teacher finished attendance.

The bell rang and everyone quickly left class. Jacob still wondered about Brooke. He was convinced he knew he but couldn't quite remember.

He past Brooke in the hall, who seemed to be nervous and flushed. He tapped her shoulder and she jumped.

"Oh sorry. Um hi." She said nervously.

"Hi, I'm Jacob. I noticed you in class and I was wondering if-"

He looked down at her chest and saw she had a necklace on. Similar to a necklace he had given to an old friend.

"Sorry..I-I have to go."

She brushed past him and disappeared into the crowd. He stood there dumbfounded.

"What do I have to do to get her attention?" He asked himself.

___

Goal: 5 votes; 2 comments

Thanks for reading!