Chapter One

The next three months went by in a dizzying blur. I lost my unborn child and my arm is still healing. My fiancé was awaiting me in the station, so I've lost him as well. Akira is letting me stay with him because I kinda sold my house the day before a bomb went off like a yard away from me and I can't afford a house now due to said bomb nearly killing me. I'm incredibly grateful, but I'm not happy and I refuse to take this lying down like a doormat.

Of course, that's why I'm currently in the shadiest part of the city awaiting my least favourite human of all time.

"So, you're staying in Ikebukuro?"

Annoyed, I glance up at the spiky haired raven and don't even attempt to hide my overwhelming disgust. He smirks down at me before taking a seat across from me at the small table located outside of Ikebukuro's worst bakery and coffee shop. We're sitting in the shade, so his pale-ish face looks almost as dark as his entire wardrobe. As for me, I still look very pale and it annoys me further until I shake my head and sigh.

"You're an information broker, Orihara-San. You don't need to ask any questions, you just need to answer them. And I know that you know," I cross my legs, leaning my chin into my palm.

"You want to know who blew up the station?"

"No, I want to know who's playing Maximum in the upcoming Maximum Ride movie."

"You're as sarcastic and witty as ever."

"Whatever. Just give me my answers."

"Say "please" first and maybe I'll consider."

I glare at him, pressing my red painted lips into a firm line as I resist the urge to use my blue painted nails and rip out his fucking throat. Casually clearing my throat, I change the position of my legs and use my femininity to my advantage as the black mini skirt rises slightly and exposes more of my green stockings.

"How about we cut to the chase and I don't break your face?" I suggest.

"Wow. Even when you're not a cop, you're still playing the bad cop. Is your partner going to come out and try to pacify you now?" Izaya chuckles.

"Akira-kun is at work."

"I know for a fact that that's a lie," he grins quite creepily.

"You're dodging the subject, Orihara-San. That tells me one of two things; you either don't know and are stalling until you get me so pissed off that I leave, or you know but want to draw out this chat as long as you can because you're flirting."

He flinches, acting even more so out of character.

"Even the great Orihara Izaya doesn't know," I blow on my bangs, frowning.

Well shit, there goes my only lead...

"I don't know yet, but I have a few leads and sources. I'm willing to help you, but it'll come at a price."

"Doesn't everything?"

"Aren't you curious as to what it is?"

"It's not like you're going to ask for my first child. My baby died, just like the man that I love. That's why I'm here, remember?"

"You're very correct that I'm not after your deceased infant. I'm assuming that you'll keep guessing until you've gotten it right?" Izaya grins, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed behind his head.

"Knowing you? There's more than one thing that you want from me. I'll take the bounty off of your head. But the second part of your price is a mystery to me," I shake my head, sighing.

I've hunted him for years and now I'm giving up on the chase... I'm taking the bounty off on him to boot. What more could he want? Knowing him, though, it'll be simple... It'll be so simple that's it is ridiculous..

"You," he responds.

"What do you want from me?" I glare, straightening my spine.

"I love humans, except for Akira and Shizou."

"I've noticed," I keep my tone neutral.

"Humans die easily, though. I'm quite sure that you've noticed that as well. What I want from you is something that I'll accept only from you."

"Do you want my organs or something to further your lifespan?"

He's creepier than I had originally thought...

"No. I want you to give me a child. I'd prefer a son, but a daughter is also acceptable. The child will carry on my legacy and work after I've died. They will continue my love of humanity for the next generation, and they're children shall do the same."

Yep, creepier than I thought...

"What if I don't accept your second condition?"

"I'll give you sometime to think about it. However, you'll need a job to afford my services. And fortunately for you, I need an assistant."

"I'd rather die."

"I'll kill Akira if you don't."

I bite my bottom lip, tasting blood.

"Fine then. When do I start?"

"Tomorrow at three o'clock."

Glaring, I eye him down for a moment. With a sigh, I push out my chair and get to my feet. However, Izaya leans across the table and latches onto my wrist.

"Wait, Kamiya-San, you forgot about your orientation."

"My first job was an assistant at Ikebukuro's best magazine, Orihara-San. I won't be needing an orientation," I try to free my hand from his grasp.

Swiftly moving back to his seat, he drags me for the ride and then leans close to me for me to feel his warm breath skating around the sensitive skin around my now exposed ear.

"Perhaps, but you should take it anyway. We will be spending quite some time together, after all. Especially if you accept my condition," he nibbles my earlobe before releasing me.

"You're a fucking pervert and I'm leaving!"

With that witty retort of mine, I spin around on my heels and march away from the lecherous criminal.

Sadly, he's my only hope.

Fuck.