Chapter 6: Should have listened to the feeling

~Why does it rain? Why does it hurt? Please God explain cause I don't understand!~

Drip drop drip drop drip drop

All that you could hear was the rain hitting the window as it fell from the clouds. There was a dead silence in the room and a thick tension that you could only cut with a knife. No one moved or said anything.

Max was staring at me with shocked, confused and worried eyes. I could see his chest moving up and down so I knew he was breathing.
Zach was starring at Max with a look that almost should have killed him. It looked like he wanted to rip his head off for storming into the room.
Joey was staring at Max too. He didn't look as mad as Zach, he looked more worried then mad. Joey's arms tightened around my body as he pulled me closer to his chest.
I was hiding my face from Max. My eyes stung and I felt tears building up in my eyes. I hugged Joey's waist more as I buried my face deeper in his neck.

I didn't know what to do now. I didn't want to tell Max and there was no way he could make me! But I felt bad cause he had to see all that and won't even get an explanation. He'll hate me forever if I don't tell him and he'll leave me like trash if I tell him. I guess it's a win win for me then, jippi, not!

But it might just be for the best. If I don't tell Max, he'll leave and he'll get over it and move on.
He'll leave and never think about it again and I'll keep on living my life like I never went to Starbucks to meet him. It will be like we never met each other. No one will end up hurt.

This is all my fault. If I would have listened to my gut feeling that something would go wrong I would never have gone to meet him. I would have stayed home and this would never had happened.

I let out a breath and made my move. I jumped out of Joey's embrace as ran to the bathroom. Slamming the bathroom door shut and locked it as soon as I got in. Sliding my body down to the floor, my back agains the door.

My mouth let out sobs uncontrollably and I couldn't stop the tears from slipping from my eyes and running down my cheeks.
My body started to violently shake. My body took over and my mind surrendered.

(2 hours later)

My mind went blank and I didn't know what the hell I was suppose to do. I just sat there, starring at the wall for a long long time. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

''I'm sorry Enthea.'' his soft voice was calm this time. Like he wasn't mad, like he just wanted to understand.
''I just want you to tell me who that man was. Please Enthea.'' He pleaded through the door.

Somehow I found some strength through my shock to actually speak.

''You should leave Max.'' It came out as a whisper.

I heard him sigh.

''I'm sorry, I know we don't know each other that well and I can understand that you don't want to tell me. But please tell me if you're okay.'' The sadness in his voice made my heart ache.

''Yes. I'm okay.'' I breathe. My body stopped shaking and my heart fell to my stomach, I knew that what I said to Max wasn't true and for some reason it hurt me to lie to him. I've never had any problems with lying to anyone, I don't know what it was about Max that made me feel terrible for lying to him. Something wasn't right.

He sighed again. I heard him put his hand on the door.

''I don't believe that...but I'll give you your space. Goodbye Enthea.'' his voice sounded so broken that my heart ached even more then before.

Why did this happen! Why couldn't the world be on my side for once!

I starred at the wall for a long time until another knock interrupted me.

''He's gone now. He went home.''

I got up on my shaking legs and unlocked the door. When I opened the door and was met by Joeys worried face. His face held a warm smile but the worry was in his eyes.

I'm sure I looked miserable. My eyes all red and puffy from crying.

I fell straight into Joeys open arms and I didn't let go. Tears streaming down my face. Tears of anger, years of sadness, tears of confusion. They just didn't stop.

''Schh...Schh babygirl. It will be alright, you'll see. Let's get you to bed.'' Joeys soft words were comforting as he slowly stroke my hair.

We walked slowly to the bed and as we crawled into the covers Zach came into the bed room. Zach offered me a gentle smile, I opened my arms so he could give me a hug as he crawled into the covers too.

Even if my life was my own little hell I still had Joey, Zach and Dustin to have my back.

But what will happen with Max now?

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

I know this is really short but I hope you like it anyway!

Please comment and tell me what you think about my story so far!

I'm so exited right now!
I'm gonna publish a book soon so I hope you'll read it, you don't have to but I would really appreciate it! It won't be a fanfic it will be a real book!
I hope you'll like it!

Until next time stay awesome!

Much Love / Tessy