Chapter Eleven

Paint. That's the smell dominating the room that I stand in. Violet and Frosch grinning with paint brushes in their paws and painting the wall that accommodates the door to the hallway. The walls being painted a baron red, with silver rims, the silver matching the curtains on the two sets of windows that now let light filter into the room.

The furniture has changed too, not just for me, but for the entire guild's rooms. A whole touch-up has begun. A mattress, purple duvet and pillows cover the oak-wood bed frame which is pushed against the far wall, a smaller, circular bed at the foot of the bed, with fluffed up pillows and sheets for the exceeds.

The bathroom has stayed the same, along with the wooden floor that stayed, but different rugs cover some areas. No other furniture has been placed in the room until the remainder of the room has been painted. Glancing to the exceeds, laughing and rolling on the paper to keep paint from staining the wooden floorboards.

Paint sticking to their fur in multiple areas. Rolling my eyes, I grab the white paint, opening it and placing it beside them.

"Are we painting it white now?" Violet asks me, confusion lining her features as I laugh, shaking my head. I dip my hand into the paint, before pressing it onto the wall. Leaving a hand print. Frosch and Violet grin, quickly copying my action, putting their prints around my own.

My ears twitch as I glance to see Rogue entering, in nothing but sweats and a dark coloured shirt causing a blush to corrupt my cheeks, due to the tightness of his shirt allowing his toned chest to come into my view... Swiftly looking away. My eyes glancing to Frosch as she runs up, grabbing Rogue and showing him the prints. Rogue chuckling and doing the same as us.

"Go clean up. We've finished painting, we have to go downstairs now." I state, both nodding before running off to the bathroom. The sound of the tap turning on catching my ears.

The cheers from the main guild hall radiating even to the fourth floor where we stand. Two days we've been back, our room is now larger, with three walls knocked down, my bedroom is now three times as big as it used to be. Well, it does now accommodate four of us.

Standing up, wiping my hands on my old overalls, I quickly pull Rogue into a hug, burying my face into the Rogue's neck. His arms wrapping around in a tight hold. Shivers climbing my spine, following Rogue's fingers as they press into my skin.

Stepping out from the embrace, I grin, mirrored by Rogue. His eyes sparkling with emotions. "I'm glad I picked red... It matches your eyes, Rogue..." I cup his cheeks before pressing my lips to kiss, leaning back after a few seconds, trailing my hands down his neck, leaving drops of white paint across his skin.

"Come'on, Re, we need to get downstairs." Rogue mutters, grabbing my hand and pulling me gently into the bathroom. Violet and Frosch on the counter, scrubbing their fur with sponges. Myself and Rogue doing the same to the paint on our skin.

"Why do we have to go downstairs exactly?" Violet asks, tilting her head towards Rogue who's wiping his neck to rid of the white paint that my hands left. His eyes focused on Violet through the reflection in the mirror. Some white even gracing his hair now from it grazing his cheeks.

"You'll see. Re will tell you what to wear." Rogue replies, smiling faintly before lifting up Frosche and heading towards the door. "I'll see you downstairs. Alright?" I nod faintly. My body already beginning to cool down and missing Rogue as the door closes behind them both.

Walking out of the bathroom. I change Violet into a white and gold bathing suit, dressing myself into a tankini, the designs are stripes, each stripe a different hue of green and blue. The top of the tankini is strapless, and held up by a bow wrapped around my back.