Budding Rose

As she makes her way through the entrance to the village, Sarnai feels ice shuddering down her spine.

She quickly spins around, looking for someone suspicious.

"Nothing. Again." She mutters to herself. "Why am I so jumpy today?"

Just as she's about to continue to the barn, a pair of eyes catch her attention. Not because they were striking in any manner- terrifyingly dark pools of black-but because they were focused on her. No one ever looked directly at her. She wasn't supposed to be interesting.

Unless...He saw.

Fear rippled through her body, causing her disguise to flicker for a split second, enough that the only way someone would notice us if the were looking directly at her: like this man was right now.

Sarnai could see in his eyes that he noticed, but the rest of his face was as still as she was.

Why isn't he terrified? He should be screaming through the streets right now.

He must've seen the confusion on her face because his mouth twitched and the wrinkles around his eyes deepened, forming an irritatingly charming smirk. The man gave her one last glance before turning back to his shop.

Sarnai was jolted back to reality as she collapsed onto the brick road beneath her. At first she thought her knees must've given out, but the realization came to her as she glanced up to see a giant bundle of wheat towering above her head.

"We're trying to work here!" an irritated voice groaned, "Watch where you're going."

"Sorry!" Sarnai screeched as she scrambled to her feet.

"Yeah, you better be."

A line of villagers holding enormous bundles shuffled past her toward the bakery, not giving her so much as a second glance.

Good, She sighed, back to normal.

***note***
Hey guys! I know I started this story in 1st person pov but I didn't really like it that much. I decided it was to restricting so from now on it will be like this. Please don't hate me but I couldn't handle that for an entire story. Thanks!